PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D HD port 2/1/09 update

for me installing the non compressed version it took about 30 min..i just did a hardreset and just finished installing the new 1.8.5 cfc version and it installed in about 7 min!

i will update in a few min on if the performance between the 2 seem different.

edit: ok i just started playing around with it and it does seem alot faster and smoother with the cfc version.

Last edited by bog3nator; 02-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Re: TF3D HD port w/landscape 1/28/09 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Here ya go, this works for me perfectly using Total Commander. Make sure you are using the "Select all" feature under "show" (because some of the files may be hidden) and make sure you are copying the manila files to the windows folder and NOT the zip file!
You the man. It worked!

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work

It just started doing this.

WiFi just turns on all by itself after I make a call and hang up. I have to go to the comm tab to shut it off. Happens everytime now. Will do a soft reset now to see if it stops.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Diamond, Telus TP2
Carrier: Telus

chakde is becoming a great contributor

If you are only interested in the people tab only, then you could also try the HDPeopleTab.cab available at xda to acheive the same results. I am presently running it on my Telus Diamond with no problems and gives me the extra buttons below the picture of the favorites for one click access. I am running Juicy 4.4 ROM and have had no issues with it. One of these days I may be bold enough to take a leap to the entire HD Manilla, but for now I like some of the customizations that I have and the landscape that I use for my emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuque View Post
I think I'll be trying this out, the people tab looks like a real improvement (not a huge fan of the one I have now) as far as landscape about the only time I use the keyboard is after I have opened a txt or e-mail so I think I should be ok there.

I D/Led the ppc-kitchen and made a rom form that, any thing I should be aware of going into this ?

thanks !
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
It just started doing this.

WiFi just turns on all by itself after I make a call and hang up. I have to go to the comm tab to shut it off. Happens everytime now. Will do a soft reset now to see if it stops.
This has happened to me once

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakde View Post
If you are only interested in the people tab only, then you could also try the HDPeopleTab.cab available at xda to acheive the same results. I am presently running it on my Telus Diamond with no problems and gives me the extra buttons below the picture of the favorites for one click access. I am running Juicy 4.4 ROM and have had no issues with it. One of these days I may be bold enough to take a leap to the entire HD Manilla, but for now I like some of the customizations that I have and the landscape that I use for my emails.
This is huge, could you please provide a link. If anyone with a stock sprint rom tries this out could you please leave feedback as to how it works and I will post on the first page. This will help a lot of people. thanks for this info.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Here is a link to the HDPeopleTab.cab. It is in post #12 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=474188&page=2
and for a compressed version see post #32

Heres another link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=475611

In this link they also mention a landscape and stock tab!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3239410

If anyone uses any of these on a stock touch pro rom please post back.

Last edited by fat boy; 02-04-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to smotrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
This is huge, could you please provide a link. If anyone with a stock sprint rom tries this out could you please leave feedback as to how it works and I will post on the first page. This will help a lot of people. thanks for this info.
Doesn't work on a Stock Sprint TP, tried both CAB's.

Disabled TF3D, Installed CAB (restarts), Restarted TF3D. Switch to People Tab, Title shows up at top of screen, Menu Buttons (Btm Lt, Btm Rt) show whatever the previous Tab was. Only the normal background shows in the middle of the screen.

I posted similar on the XDA website also.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

any word on the IDS crap from the weather being fixed yet???

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
any word on the IDS crap from the weather being fixed yet???
It isn't broken unless you didn't install exactly like the first post, or you're using a different rom, or you're using a different language.

If you're using a different language then yes there is help just let me know what language. All other reasons need to install as the first post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks