PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solved - Which manila file has the Stock tab names in 23551 build

Ok. I must have lost it. I want to change the tab name from Stocks to something else, the name that hovers along as you slide. I've been searching for 5 hours and all I can find is the old touchflo manila file. Sense does not seem to use the same one.

Edit: I was told 26948339_manila but I am looking at it and don't think that's it. It has the tab order but I don't see where it has the names that correspond to what I see when sliding - I dont see "Stocks" in the file.

I also looked at manilafull.xml and it's not there either.

Solved: Thanks to jonhdoe11112 over at XDA here are the files that change the Stocks tab name. Look for <source>Stocks</source> and change Stocks to whatever. Also the 6e147739_manila file changes the settings page tab names. I had installed Radar Panel on that tab and changed the icon but needed to change the name.

6b18ee70_manila
6e147739_manila
6f286a05_manila

Last edited by Comstar; 04-08-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Re: Which manila file has the tab names in sense 2.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Ok. I must have lost it. I want to change the tab name from Stocks to something else, the name that hovers along as you slide. I've been searching for 2 hours and all I can find is the old touchflo manila file. Sense does not seem to use the same one.

Edit: I was told 26948339_manila but I am looking at it and don't think that's it. It has the tab order but I don't see where it has the names that correspond to what I see when sliding - I dont see "Stocks" in the file.

Look for IDS_STOCKS in 26948339_manila
Old 04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Re: Which manila file has the tab names in sense 2.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Look for IDS_STOCKS in 26948339_manila
Thanks for the response. That's just it, I don't have an IDS_STOCKS in that file - I have an IDS_STOCK. The tab name is "Stocks" on the screen. I just started working on this again. I am just going to change that IDS-STOCK and see what happens. I can't believe this has turned out to be so hard to research. I have spent a lot of time looking for the answer. I've lost my search skills I guess. It seemed like the name change would be so easy after I loaded new icons for the tab.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurker

Robert's PDA is a n00b
Re: Solved - Which manila file has the Stock tab names in 23551 build

I have a similar question about renaming tabs. In 2.1 everything was in one place (090661f7_manilla), 2.5 not so much. I want to change the name of 4 tabs: "Sprint Music", "Mail", "Sprint TV", and "People", does anyone know where in the world they are located?

Last edited by Robert's PDA; 02-08-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks