PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Aircel

headhair is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA not working in india

Quote:
So here I want to know have you change your MCC MNC home SID NID or not ? Please reply.
No need to know all these things. Once you activated your phone, everything will be pushed to your phone over Air.

Quote:
Today I have contacted through mail to your recomended third pary MIED activator.
and he has replied to me in positive way and told there rate about Rs. 500/=
Here I want to know how you have paid him, after registration or before registration.
Well, I paid in advance. He will finish the work within a week's time.

Quote:
In your detail advice mentioned earlier, you have not mentioned about to change any MCC MNC home SID NID number. I think it is not necessary but not sure, you can confirm it.
You need not change anything except inputting AKey

Quote:
Another thingh again I want to give you double thanks that your funda to change LgeDialParser.dll has worked for me. As in past I have written to you that I made rom with built in your LgeDialParser.dll file has not worked for me. But to day I found that there is two numbers LgeDialParser.dll file are there in my kitchen. one in OEM and another in LGE phone canvas .ext file. I had changed only in oem file. that was the mistake. To day I have changed both the file with your LgeDialParser.dll file and made a ROM with LGE V7 phone canvas and Now it is dialing *228 and getting connected to reliance tower.
Thanks for spotting & rectifying the problem.

And Hero121, I have following questions.

1) Is it file eri.bin, ROM Related? can we remove this file from ROM itself?
2) Just restarting phone is not problem. But Hard Resetting or Flashing another ROM deletes all the
data (uploaded by Reliance). Is it possible to avoid these things while creating ROM?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel
Threadstarter

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

And Hero121, I have following questions.

1) Is it file eri.bin, ROM Related? can we remove this file from ROM itself?
2) Just restarting phone is not problem. But Hard Resetting or Flashing another ROM deletes all the
data (uploaded by Reliance). Is it possible to avoid these things while creating ROM?[/QUOTE]

Dear headhair,

Since when
I came to know about the eri.bin file, I am also thinking and searching any way to permanently fix the eri.bin file. Because in windows mobile Hard reset is common practice. This is only one problem. I have searched every where in my kitchen rom but still did not find yet. The eri.bin file is in database file of phone but we have search it for its location. Let us think about it, how to the eri.bin file could be fixed in rom then our goal will be 100% success. I am also searching a way to fix this.
Thanks
Another matter is I have paid the amount to the bank account of tarun Kabra the vendar for registration MEID.
Now I have to wait for a week for further progress of my phone. As per you I have deleted the eri.bin file with your software.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

headhair is a n00b

Quote:
how to the eri.bin file could be fixed in rom then our goal will be 100% success. I am also searching a way to fix this.
ERI.bin file is nothing to do with Hard Resetting. Eri.bin file restricts the activation of Networks other than Verizon. I think it is in the NV Memory. Once deleted from Memory, even after flashing, it does not appear again.

Hard resetting is the main problem. I would like to know what happens to the actual Verizon User when Hard Resetting & What is the procedure used to restore Network parameters.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhair View Post
ERI.bin file is nothing to do with Hard Resetting. Eri.bin file restricts the activation of Networks other than Verizon. I think it is in the NV Memory. Once deleted from Memory, even after flashing, it does not appear again.

Hard resetting is the main problem. I would like to know what happens to the actual Verizon User when Hard Resetting & What is the procedure used to restore Network parameters.
Dear headhair
I think the original user would not need to restore network parameter as CDMA number is built in by factory default set to set change the network number. So After hard resetting nothing affect on their default setting. I have deleted the eri.bin file and checked after hard reset its came again.
Dear I am attaching original eri.bin file of v7 rom you may see in hex editor, if you can do with this then we will make a rom with this eri so that after hard reset it will be as usual as before.`
Attached Files
File Type: 7z ERI.7z (341 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hero121; 03-02-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

headhair is a n00b

Dear Hero121,
I have already checked eri.bin file. Nothing is to be changed.
But I donot know why it blocks other network registration.

There is a registry key in to disable eri.bin ( Search with string "eri.bin" )
Whether this will help us instead of deleting this file.

I am searching for other ways.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=headhair;2171349]Dear Hero121,
After hours & hours of searching I found that
the main culprit for this problem is "eri.bin" file in NV Memory.

Dear headhair

You have mentioned that eri.bin file is in NV memory. I found it but not in NVM it is in QPST explorer but not in the NVM folder of QPST exlplorer. Please clarify it.
2. I will search it in registry so that can be disable as mentioned in your last post.
Thanks,
My money has been received by vendor for MEID regn. Let me see when my MEID get registered to reliance.

Dear I also want to know about EVDO User ID & PW , What is the use of it. Is it for 3G activation or any other thing, I do not know, I have asked you because Mr. Tarun Kabra had replied in his mail as (Charges for MEID Regn is Rs. 500/- per MEID. That includes Akey, EVDO User ID & PW also)
So please explain what will I do with that use id and Password ?
Please reply,
Thanks

Last edited by hero121; 03-02-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

headhair is a n00b

Quote:
You have mentioned that eri.bin file is in NV memory. I found it but not in NVM it is in QPST explorer but not in the NVM folder of QPST exlplorer. Please clarify it.
Let me explain after some searching.

Quote:
Dear I also want to know about EVDO User ID & PW , What is the use of it.
EVDO, or Evolution Data Only/Evolution Data Optimized, is a 3G mobile broadband technology used by Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel that provides typical download speeds of 600-1400kbps (with bursts up to 3100kbps). HSPA is another 3G technology that is used by AT&T and T-Mobile. 4G is the next generation of mobile broadband technology, but it's not as widely available as 3G service yet - Sprint uses a 4G technology called WiMAX that is currently being deployed, and Verizon will be deploying a 4G network using a technology called LTE in late 2010.

Simply EVDO is one part of advanced technology under 3G. Please note that Reliance is offering EVDO in some areas.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dear headhair

Thanks for reply and share your knowledge,

I have searched eri bin in registry file of rom and found only eri and eri text string only shown below. but I have also attached the complete one reg file in which I have some where edited while making rom.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]
"EmergencyTone"=dword:00000000
"CallDisconnect"=dword:00000000
"CallConnect"=dword:00000000
"MinuteBeep"=dword:00000000
"ERI"=dword:00000000
"ERIText"=dword:00000001
"AutoAns"=dword:00000000
"AnyKey"=dword:00000000
Attached Files
File Type: 7z RGU file.7z (12.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

headhair is a n00b

Quote:
You have mentioned that eri.bin file is in NV memory.
I agree that eri.bin is not part of NV item.

But after searching registry, there is an entry that eri.bin is located in
\windows\ folder. If it is correct, we could remove this in ROM itself.

Quote:
I have searched eri bin in registry file of rom and found only eri and eri text string only shown below
I do not know whether changing Registry Key(Disabling Eri.bin) will allow registration of Reliance.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=headhair;2171158]Dear hero121,

3) Please get 26 digit AKey for your mobile (That's very important) from whom you registered MEID

Dear headhair
I need your help as My MEID has been got registered with reliance. I have checked with by sms from a another CDMA set and its replied the same as you have mentioned in your post. But the Akey he has provided to me is 25 digit.
I have put the pin after dialing 2539** but it say it is invalid.
He has provided two key Dec Akey, (25 digit)Hex Akey. (16 digit)
I have also wrote to the provider of Akey.
Here I dialed *228 its get connected and says please enter your 9 digit pin number.
But now I have no GSK kit at present. To morrow I will go to reliance web at my city.
Here I want to know what is the wrong with me
When I have to put Akey ? or the pin given by him is wrong or one digit less.
I have tried putting all two keys.but invalid.
Please reply
Dear again I want to inform you that provider of Akey has accepted his fault as typing error and provide me a corrected 26 digit Akey. I again put the new key after dialing 2539** and it is accepted by the set because it did not said that the key is invalid. If I am not wrong I have only to go reliance web for a nine digit pin for a new CDMA number for working of my CDMA section of my phone.
I also want to know If I format/hard reset the phone can we again reprogram to work CDMA like at present we are doing with same number key and etc.?
Thanks for your tough efforts in this regard.

Last edited by hero121; 03-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom