PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Themes & Wallpapers

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
changing sliders and lockscreen

I have downloaded and applied themes for my phone. I am having trouble though with themes that say they change sliders and what not and it not doing anything. It will change the icons and the springboard, but hardly every the lock screen. Is there a tool that I need to get for these to work? Also, I tried to apply a different clock for the lockscreen and it did show up, but it was overlayed with the default lockscreen clock. Is there something I am missing there? I am on iphone 4, jailbroken, obviously.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: changing sliders and lockscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
I have downloaded and applied themes for my phone. I am having trouble though with themes that say they change sliders and what not and it not doing anything. It will change the icons and the springboard, but hardly every the lock screen. Is there a tool that I need to get for these to work? Also, I tried to apply a different clock for the lockscreen and it did show up, but it was overlayed with the default lockscreen clock. Is there something I am missing there? I am on iphone 4, jailbroken, obviously.

Thanks
1) Cydia has lots of lockscreens, if your theme does not change the lockscreen, get a cool lockscreen theme or download one from Cydia.

2) there's a cydia app called "Lockscreen clock hide" that gives you a toggle to hide the clock, so other clocks aren't overlaid on top of it.

My favorite is the hero clock that gives the HTC clock with weather.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
1) Cydia has lots of lockscreens, if your theme does not change the lockscreen, get a cool lockscreen theme or download one from Cydia.

2) there's a cydia app called "Lockscreen clock hide" that gives you a toggle to hide the clock, so other clocks aren't overlaid on top of it.

My favorite is the hero clock that gives the HTC clock with weather.

My issue has been with themes that are supposed to change the lockscreen and or slider and they don't. Should I check through SSH and see if maybe they are just missing. Thanks for the tips. Going to check out the hero clock now.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
My issue has been with themes that are supposed to change the lockscreen and or slider and they don't. Should I check through SSH and see if maybe they are just missing. Thanks for the tips. Going to check out the hero clock now.

you need to make sure that they are at the top of the list in Winterboard too, so they overwrite the system theme.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Another thing I have noticed in the last day is that if I respring, I end up with several invisible icons. If you click them it takes you to a blank web page. I can delete them and it asks if I want to delete "" bookmark. If you do that and then respring they come right back. Any idea what that's all about?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Another thing I have noticed in the last day is that if I respring, I end up with several invisible icons. If you click them it takes you to a blank web page. I can delete them and it asks if I want to delete "" bookmark. If you do that and then respring they come right back. Any idea what that's all about?

those are called "iBlanks"

a lot of themes require certain items or icons to be placed near the bottom. Since you cannot move an icon to the bottom without having something at the top, they created a workaround by creating blank, transparent icons that are basically iconless bookmarks. If you set up 4 per row and line up the first 2 rows with these iBlanks, you can fill that space up with a Hero Clock or something, and have real icons at the bottom.

the reason they "come back" is maybe you have more than you think, so when you delete one it gets replaced by another. Or any time you install a new theme, sometimes i will load them as part of the theme.

edit:

check this theme out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122270

on the 3rd image (the one with the desire clock and weather), normally icons would cover that area, but since he's got 3 rows of iBlanks, it just shows the clocks, with the 4th row being real icons.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That makes sense. If I can just get the ones I want to stay deleted stay gone then I'll be in business
Old 08-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
That makes sense. If I can just get the ones I want to stay deleted stay gone then I'll be in business
I would delete ALL the iblanks on your phone,

then you can download the iBlank app from cydia and just create your own when you need some.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I would delete ALL the iblanks on your phone,

then you can download the iBlank app from cydia and just create your own when you need some.

I keep deleting the iBlanks and they keep coming back after power off or respring. I tried uninstalling some of the things I downloaded around the time it started happening. They just keep coming back. If you have any ideas that would be great. I am even willing to reset the phone if there is a way to set it back to the original jailbroken settings. This is annoying enough that I will reset to factory if I have to, but I would sure hate to be stuck and unable to jailbreak.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found how to do it. Had to go through SSH and delete it through var/mobile/library/webclips. Worked great. Should have just tried Google first.

Last edited by fozmsu; 08-19-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM

lol, good job bro.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > iPhone Themes & Wallpapers