PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

phone1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.6.0 [11-Mar-2011]

I'm loving this ROM. I am having a problem with receiving MMS videos they show up as a slide show any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Just flashed with the .exe, seemed to complete fine. On restart, my phone hangs at the HTC quietly brilliant screen. Anyone else have this happen? I figured out how to connect it in bootloader screen & am trying to reflash now, see if that corrects it.

Update: no dice for me, still sticks on splash screen. Or am I just not giving it enough time, longer than 3 or 4 min to change screens?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm_mazur View Post
Something had to happen while you were updating your ROM. Your phone might have gotten bricked. Try reloading the original MR1 update and then reinstall the ROM
Definitely not bricked, when you have a brick, you literally have a phone that won't boot. No splash, no sign of life. Sounds like a bad flash, just like pm_mazur suggested, maybe flashing back to stock and then trying again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfoertsch View Post
I flashed from 1.4.0 to 1.6.0, however, when attempting to install my addtional apps, I discovered that cab files would not launch. I did not attempt to reflash, but went back to 1.4.0. Anyone else having this issue?

I also noticed that the Microsoft My Phone app was not present in the ROM either. This was actually the cab file I was trying to install when I discovered that cabs would not run.
Microsoft My Phone was removed and will be included in the Addons in Post 3. I haven't had any trouble installing 3rd party apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
Jmart, some quick feedback based on a few minutes of playing with the ROM:

- ROM is fast, especially with WiMoSpeed set to 691MHz
- Plus code dialing works fine
- Youtube worked fine too
- Everytime I make a change in CHTeditor and exit, I get an error. But the change takes place.
- Battery drain is high. Maybe something I am doing wrong? Battery level went from 72% to 17% in the matter of a couple of hours of very little use. Will let it run down to zero to check if it is just an error in the reporting
- Would like more control over backups. How do I add PIMBackup to my quick links? When I try to install PIMBackup from my storage card, it opens up PIMBackup right away. Is it already installed? If so, it does not show up in the list of programs.
- I added Whip2snap as a quick link but program would not open -- does not exist error. Re-installed and it worked.
- It will be nice to include Dial up enabler/disabler or Data Controller so data can be turned off via a quick link
- Could not find notepad application. Is it the same as notes?

Thanks jmart!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try and clear a few things up:

-The error with CHTE is a well known error, not anything to do with Teya, but with the program itself. This will probably not be fixed any time soon. To avoid, try not to exit CHTE from its start page.
-Wow! Definitely not normal, something strange must have been running in the background or possibly bad reception and your phone was trying harder to acquire a signal.
-Yes, PIMBackup is included and is part of Teya[Portal] backup "Contacts". I can look into creating a shortcut enable/disable option in the next release. You can find the .exe in the Windows folder.
-The whip2snap.lnk is incorrect. I will attach a fix cab as soon as I get back to my house or first thing tomorrow.
-Probably won't include Dial up enabler/disabler, because it may cause the slide to answer problems again. This is already available; press on an empty quicklink, Toggle Switch, select "Data". It does work and it changes data state, but doesn't "visibly" change. I am working on this still
-I don't include notepad, however, I do include Notes and OneNote

Quote:
keyboard is back! thank you! I'll give this rom a whirl in a couple days or so.
You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone1 View Post
I'm loving this ROM. I am having a problem with receiving MMS videos they show up as a slide show any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I will test right now and report back...
Update: You are exactly right, I will get this sorted out asap and get a hot fix out.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 03-12-2011 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6975
Carrier: tele

citop is a n00b

tried 1.5 and 1.6. a couple of questions:
1. handwriting and pinyin input method in 1.6 is missing
2. mms manual configuration instead of using the automatic config.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

pm_mazur is just getting started

Well I've tested some aspects of the ROM and here are the issues I found. iManager icon doesn't seem to launch neither does Whip2Snap (which I'm careless about lol). I've sniffed out a poor quality over the bluetooth audio when it comes to hooking up the speakers. I'm hearing static when it comes to playing audio. when phone is in idle, the static is gone. I'll look up further into it.

Also whoever mentioned about My phone... Google it and you'll find the cab available on the microsoft website. If you still have trouble I'll send you a cab or direct link to the site
Old 03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

So far so good except one thing.

After i got 1.6 up and running i discovered i had an issue with contacts. so i decided to back up everything exporting with CHT and for double backup i also uses the teya portal backup. after reflashing i tried to import things after reflashing a few times and using either of the backups i get nothing but a black screen for the home page. Not sure if its a backup issue or something in my sence that i backed up was broken. Its weird because it was fine before i flashed so it wasnt a black screen prior.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio HTC
Carrier: verizon

sailorcanfly is a n00b

Just flashed 1.6. like it so far, especially the background picture, it's so artistic.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

bobfoertsch is a n00b

Quote:
Well I've tested some aspects of the ROM and here are the issues I found. iManager icon doesn't seem to launch neither does Whip2Snap (which I'm careless about lol). I've sniffed out a poor quality over the bluetooth audio when it comes to hooking up the speakers. I'm hearing static when it comes to playing audio. when phone is in idle, the static is gone. I'll look up further into it.

Also whoever mentioned about My phone... Google it and you'll find the cab available on the microsoft website. If you still have trouble I'll send you a cab or direct link to the site
Thanks. I actually have the cab file. For some reason, I was unable to install ANY 3rd party apps after flashing. I will try it again later. I had to go back to 1.4.0 so I could use my phone.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

bobfoertsch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post

Microsoft My Phone was removed and will be included in the Addons in Post 3. I haven't had any trouble installing 3rd party apps.
jmart:

The only cab file I see in Post 3 is Visual Voice Mail. Am I missing something?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorcanfly View Post
Just flashed 1.6. like it so far, especially the background picture, it's so artistic.
Agree. So far I really like it! I haven't seen anything I need that it won't do.
Great job Jmart!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pm_mazur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfoertsch View Post
Thanks. I actually have the cab file. For some reason, I was unable to install ANY 3rd party apps after flashing. I will try it again later. I had to go back to 1.4.0 so I could use my phone.
I actually got to install myphone without any problems. The only problem I'm having right now is a poor battery life span.. It gets me for around 14hrs until I get a low battery warning.. The thing is that I have a battery extender and usually using stock or energy ROM it should last for over 48 hrs. Is this a bug or are there too many processes running in the background? I am overclocking to 728mhz (yeah I'm not scarred :P).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development