PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Imagio Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   [ROM] Project: Teya 2.0.3 [23-Jan-2012] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137641)

jmart518 01-24-2011 05:38 PM

Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.4.0 [19-Jan-2011]

I will try to touch on a couple current issues:

- Those having Swype issues, are you installing any Swype mods or even over writing the cooked version with another version? Please try from a fresh flash, before you install anything and see if it works. I have never had that issue, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

- I apologize about the in call issue. From here on out, I will have Idle Data Disconnect disabled by default (Thanks Sonami!). For people like me that don't really use the phone as a phone (I'd much rather just text :mrgreen:), the toggle, as well as the different time-outs, will still be available in Project: Teya [Customizations].

- Stereo Bluetooth issue: Still looking into this

- The crash in CHTE is a known issue with that program, nothing I can do about it. I only does it if you try to exit on certain pages, the start page being one of them (if I remember right). That may be the cause for the same problem that people experienced with Project: Teya [Customizations]. Everything will still be applied/changed, just select "Quit" and you will be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokudre (Post 2043377)
You guys see this?

[App] Zevele's AutoLoudspeaker V1.6 [15/01/2011] - xda-developers

Has anyone tried it? imma test it out now, kinda cool. One more thing that will make this rom rock if it works.

It works great, I have been using it for some time now and it gets better with every release. I didn't have permission to cook it in for Teya 1.4.0, but I have now received the go-ahead from the creator. It will be included in the next release.

- On another note:

Thanks guys for using the ROM and I really appreciate the help you guys are giving each other. Between school and family time, I can't get on as much these days and this kind of support helps a lot!

cjm2576 01-24-2011 06:40 PM

So, I just flashed this ROM to try it out, pretty nice so far. I just have one oddity so far I can't seem to figure out.

I replaced the text clock with the stand alone analog one "Analog clock 2". Which works fine except it always shows "AM" in white, just to the right of center. It's really a minor annoyance just curious if anyone else has seen this and knows of a fix.

Edit: Ok second and more important weirdness. This one is much more of a problem for me and both of my issues may be CHT and not Teya issues.

I also added the notification bar to my screen. When I receive a text message, it plays the notification sound as it should and counter for unread text msgs goes up to 1. The problem is a couple seconds later the unread count drops back to 0 as if I had read the message. I am not on the home tab that displays messages when this happens and I've even tried removing the messages widget all together.

Any help would be appreciated.

jmart518 01-24-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjm2576 (Post 2043569)
So, I just flashed this ROM to try it out, pretty nice so far. I just have one oddity so far I can't seem to figure out.

I replaced the text clock with the stand alone analog one "Analog clock 2". Which works fine except it always shows "AM" in white, just to the right of center. It's really a minor annoyance just curious if anyone else has seen this and knows of a fix.

Edit: Ok second and more important weirdness. This one is much more of a problem for me and both of my issues may be CHT and not Teya issues.

I also added the notification bar to my screen. When I receive a text message, it plays the notification sound as it should and counter for unread text msgs goes up to 1. The problem is a couple seconds later the unread count drops back to 0 as if I had read the message. I am not on the home tab that displays messages when this happens and I've even tried removing the messages widget all together.

Any help would be appreciated.

1) Change your clock from 24 hr to 12
2) Open CHT Editor, Widget settings, Messages and toggle off "Mark message as read" or change the time to something to your preference.

luisv1975 01-24-2011 10:42 PM

Would this project Teya ever be in a Generic Version?
Just like NFSFAN Touch Roms. He had more followers of his ROMS cause the ROMs could be used with any CDMA carrier.

nordicpc 01-24-2011 10:53 PM

Hey Guys,
Downloaded the new 1.4, and it's a big improvement over 1.3.

- Still missing Sharepoints :(
- Headphone jack issue is now seriously trouble. My ringtone was coming out of the phone prior to the update, but now it's gone. The thing still thinks there is a headset plugged in, but there isn't and hasn't been. Some how before I was able to hear the ring tone at least, any ideas on how to get that back?

Thanks everyone!

Survivalism 01-25-2011 01:22 AM

Swype issue for me happens no matter what from a completely fresh flash, i no longer add ANYTHING to the phone at all besides having it sync calender / contacts from outlook.

If i soft reset the phone and the default keyboard if swype it will get stuck on the keyboard when swype is open. If i reset the phone with the default qwerty keyboard and type a few letters i can change to swype and it will work fine until the phone has to be restarted and swype opens for the first time.

Unfortunately now on top of the above problem swype will not automatically put in spaces, even if the auto space function is turned on.

Let me know what else i can do to help, love this rom!

BRosenow 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicpc (Post 2043821)
The thing still thinks there is a headset plugged in, but there isn't and hasn't been. Some how before I was able to hear the ring tone at least, any ideas on how to get that back?

This may not be the issue you are having . . . but it may be. When I first got my Imagio I used the wired headset for quite a while. After a while it would think that the headset was still plugged in - even after I had unplugged it. Turns out it was a defective plug in the Imagio - and this was not unique to the Imagio, as several of HTC's previous phones did the same thing. I called VW and had them go through their motions, and they ended up sending me a replacement device.

HTH!

nordicpc 01-25-2011 05:29 PM

Thanks BRosenow, that is the problem I believe, however Verizon wouldn't take my phone back when I first talked to them about it a long time ago. They said that the little test strip for water was too red, and they wouldn't take it back (this is less than half-way colored, obviously not submerged, but too red apparently). Buying a new Imagio or even paying for a repair with WinPho around the corner seems silly.

I am hoping to find a software solution that can deactivate this jack, but haven't found one yet.

Good news is it has started ringing again! :)

coolpoete 01-25-2011 10:21 PM

It's probably redundant to say now but the only issues I have come across is the stereo bluetooth and WMP cutting out after 1 or 2 songs. I'm not going to gripe about YouTube, it works as well as it's going to I believe, you just can't skip through video or stop and play or it will crash. I can live with that just fine. Other than that it's fantastic, again paired with the overclocking it's great. I don't have the "urge" to ditch the phone anymore.

On a separate note I wish there was an actual bootable Android ROM available for this device, it would be nice to play around with it.

jlh11364 01-26-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpoete (Post 2044760)
It's probably redundant to say now but the only issues I have come across is the stereo bluetooth and WMP cutting out after 1 or 2 songs. I'm not going to gripe about YouTube, it works as well as it's going to I believe, you just can't skip through video or stop and play or it will crash. I can live with that just fine. Other than that it's fantastic, again paired with the overclocking it's great. I don't have the "urge" to ditch the phone anymore.

On a separate note I wish there was an actual bootable Android ROM available for this device, it would be nice to play around with it.

At this point, this blows away every energy rom I have tried. It is fast, has lots of cool features and just plain works. however, my only gripe, still, is my sync doesn't sync Excel files at all. Not sure what the problem is?