PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM]|[WM6.5]|[21895]Project Orange ROM[Mar 25]

I love this rom. Do you by chance have the original photo player cab to restore it because I kind of got use to it and would like to change them back. Also I would like to add the call history tab.

If you have these it would be nice, if not do anyone know whew I can find these cabs for sense 2.5.2012 thats installed?

Last edited by Wildman; 04-03-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

@wedgemoose

Well I make a number of calls and text and email a lot through to day, so far the orange slim build is the only rom I tried so far that doesn't seem to suck my battery down fast. Most of the other roms I tried would usually drop almost 10% in less than a half hour of being off changer just sitting in pocket or on desk. I usually end day with about 30% after fully changing all night powered off and then using normally with slim rom installed. I don't really use bluetooth as much because job won't allow it. I can say I noticed a battery time instantly after flashing and using Orange Slim Rom the first day.
Oh yeah also Ive learned if you really want to save battery you might want to keep location service switched off because it uses internet and gps to locate you regularly.. This is a major ram and power drain... Give disabling it a try snd see if it gets any better.

Last edited by Wildman; 04-04-2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: New Thought Added
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

Wildman & Slaker3r, thank you both very much!!!! I know this isn't the section for my foolish questions, so this will be the last one on my subject. As you can tell I want to be able to keep this ROM very badly. But the Batt life was killing me. I am doing both your suggestions on my stock ROM to see if i can get it livable. Wildman, what does "disable location" do to us? Or what can't we use with it disabled? what are the cons. Also, should i uncheck "HTC location service" also?? I just un-checked the main Location service setting but wondering if I should leave the HTC on. (right now I have both off. Unless you tell me I'll will be missing something important (something we want location on for), i will try this for a few days.

thanks again all of you. If this help they gave me saves my Batt life even a tiny bit I'm putting this ROM back on. I loved it the few days I tried it.

P.S. Just so you guys know, I think that my bluetooth on all day is the KILLER. It probably is the biggest Batt hog there is.....
Old 04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
Wildman & Slaker3r, thank you both very much!!!! I know this isn't the section for my foolish questions, so this will be the last one on my subject. As you can tell I want to be able to keep this ROM very badly. But the Batt life was killing me. I am doing both your suggestions on my stock ROM to see if i can get it livable. Wildman, what does "disable location" do to us? Or what can't we use with it disabled? what are the cons. Also, should i uncheck "HTC location service" also?? I just un-checked the main Location service setting but wondering if I should leave the HTC on. (right now I have both off. Unless you tell me I'll will be missing something important (something we want location on for), i will try this for a few days.

thanks again all of you. If this help they gave me saves my Batt life even a tiny bit I'm putting this ROM back on. I loved it the few days I tried it.

P.S. Just so you guys know, I think that my bluetooth on all day is the KILLER. It probably is the biggest Batt hog there is.....
The bluetooth being on all the time is definitely one of your battery drain possibility, I disable mine any time I am not using or need it (Can set front tv button to disconnect internet when pressed).... Now as for disabling location service, this wont really effect any thing major really except the weather location tags, I just set my location manually and if you use Google map it may show issues locating you quickly but I use IGO 8 and it seems not to cause any issues locking on.

Also disabling location service you will notice that web connection wont stay connected all the time (Only When Needed) and this is a plus on battery power drain.. Another thing to consider is to disconnect from web when not in use, like after closing web browser or weather update. (Disable auto weather update also will help) Web will connect still when you click update now on weather or home page menu...

Hope I clarified this solution.... If you still have question, feel free to post back with any question and I will try to help...

One last thing, I am unsure how locked in you are to use Touchflo but disabling it will save you ram and power also, run Titanium without using Touchflo should improve battery life you can try The Nonsense ROM (6.5 Titanium Only) by maisonpulaski and see if it works for you...

Last edited by Wildman; 04-05-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
One last thing, I am unsure how locked in you are to use Touchflo but disabling it will save you ram and power also, run Titanium without using Touchflo should improve battery life or as a last resort you can try The Nonsense ROM (6.5 Titanium Only) by maisonpulaski and see if it works for you...
Hey thanks -you don't know how comforting it is to be recommended as "the last resort".
Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Hey thanks -you don't know how comforting it is to be recommended as "the last resort".
Hey MP, The orange ROM is def awesome for being the most stable/quick running sense 2.5 IMHO anyway. But for those of us who prefer a non-sense ROM yours is fantastic. I always boot up with about 102mb free RAM. Very stable and very quick. Def not a "last resort" kind of ROM LOL.Thanks again for posting it. Not sure what else could make it any better. (running it for the past few days)
Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
That was a wrong way to say that , I just know that everyone has been locked into wanting to keep Sense and sounded like that might been one of the items that was liked about the Orange rom, good performance and Sense, was just pointing out that they can consider the titanium build only... Nothing meant, I actually am using the The Nonsense ROM (6.5 Titanium Only) build on my spare phone and it is incredible stable with minimal resources used.. Sorry didn't think it to sound like that because I wouldn't suggest if I didn't think it was worth a look..

My bad....

Last edited by Wildman; 04-05-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Imagio

hackthis02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackthis02 Send a message via Skype™ to hackthis02

maisonpulaski- also check to make sure your phone isn't in global mode. under the phone settings, You don't need to be scanning for GSM networks you aren't gonna use.

BTW anyone else get the keyboard to vibration when tapped? I asked earlier and never got a clear answer.

Last edited by hackthis02; 04-05-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackthis02 View Post
BTW anyone else get the keyboard to vibration when tapped? I asked earlier and never got a clear answer.
Did you try going into your input settings and just tick that box. I unticked mine as I don't like the vibe thing everytime I hit a key.
settings>personal>input
Old 04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Imagio

hackthis02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hackthis02 Send a message via Skype™ to hackthis02

yeah I hit that. unchecked in, rebooted, rechecked it. No luck. Just wondering if it was me or the ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development