PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

cpc28655 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cpc28655
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874 Apr/19th [Build 1.8]

Did you keep the black dialer in 1.9? I really hope you did.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc28655 View Post
Did you keep the black dialer in 1.9? I really hope you did.
Yes, that's the one I like the most, in fact, fixed it a little more, now the contact picture will not look like on top of the default picture... (the nice thing about 1.9, is that now it will be easier to replace that skin with the other ones posted or to be posted yet lol....) Btw, there is a link on the 1st page for a few 1.9 already... uploading... should take a few hours to upload all of them, the cabs, themes, etc..

Donations

Last edited by adortab; 05-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Are Reader, Footprint and DocExplorer the key differences between custom Verizon and Plain Verizon? I currently have 1.8 Plain Verizon and it's great, so I don't think I am missing any of the custom apps, but I have never really figured out what if anything I need from the full build.

Love 1.8. Will put 1.9 through the ropes. Better than VZW Rom. Equally as stable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Are Reader, Footprint and DocExplorer the key differences between custom Verizon and Plain Verizon? I currently have 1.8 Plain Verizon and it's great, so I don't think I am missing any of the custom apps, but I have never really figured out what if anything I need from the full build.

Love 1.8. Will put 1.9 through the ropes. Better than VZW Rom. Equally as stable.
Sincerelly, I don't remember all the differences between them.. hahaha... let me try:

- CB has a different taskbar, Plain has the stock one.
- CB has all manila tabs, Plain does not have Reader, Footprints, DocExplorer.
- CB has settings tab color icons, Plain has the stock ones.
- CB has Sun Java package, Plain does not.
- CB has the 4 Row Start Menu, Plain has the stock 3 Row Start Menu.
- CB has Total Commander and HTC Zip, Plain does not.

Pretty much I guess that's about it on 1.9. (I'll edit if I remember anything else) The Plain version does have the same "core" of the customized build... they share the same start menu customization, optimizations, tweaks, etc... there should be no difference in speed I guess...so unless you want a little more colors and a few extra apps already cooked in... (CB Light Verizon does not have the Reader, FootPrints, DocExplorer).

The only reason to have 6 Build's is to try to get it close to what most people would like...(although I know it's almost impossible.. hahaha.. but can get close I guess)...(tabs, verizon oem software, etc. they do take a lot of storage space, and it matters a lot)

Just a few numbers...

Plain Verizon 1.9 - 214mb of 246mb free storage out of the box.
Customized 1.9 Verizon/ Others - 184mb of 221mb free storage out of the box.
Customized 1.9 Light Verizon - 213mb of 245mb free storage out of the box.

Customized 1.8 Verizon/Others - 156mb of 204mb free storage out of the box.

Thanks for asking, I guess a lot of users would have the same question...

Last edited by adortab; 05-03-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Adding storage free numbers...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ChangeLog 1.9: (Now 1.9 is available with CHT 1.6.1 links on the 1st page)

1.9.. again lol... should be considered a different rom from 1.8, quite a few changes... 1.8 seemed to be really stable, probably the best version of MyCleanImagio, 1.9 should carry it along... however test it and report back , please refer to the post #594 for a few considerations, read a few posts before and after as well...here is the changelog:

[Feature] - Added a "Data OFF" icon, to disconnect the data connection. Please refer to the post #538.
[Feature] - Updated My Phone, Google Maps 4.1.0, Windows Live. (to the most updated versions I guess)
[Feature] - Tweaked/improved messaging settings/speed on MyCleanImagio, should be a huge improvement over 1.8. (It was too slow when loaded with emails and a lot of sms messages)
[Feature/Important] - Updated to CHT 1.7.1 + CHT Editor 1.7.1.1. CHT 1.7.1 is "heavier" than 1.6.1 and it does slow things down... however with the improvements/3D tweaks (new set) applied to 1.9, it seems to me there is no difference on how 1.7.1 impact manila... the layout cooked in for CHT may not be best/fastest, try different ones if you want, and please report back. Please refer to the post #594 for a few considerations about speed, read a few posts before and after as well.
[Feature] - Better documentation on MyCleanImagio skin files, there will be a few new options for the phone skin, themes, etc.. expect over the next few days a detailed "post" about which files you can "mod" to create your own taskbar, phone skin, notifications enhancements, etc...( the new themes, skins will be available as a cab, they were not cooked with the rom) Please understand, the cabs to be posted will work only with MyCleanImagio 1.9 and on... "may" not work with other roms due the different packages used on 1.9)
[Feature] - Notifications graphics improvement.
[Feature] - 1.9 should have a lot more storage space available on all builds.
[Fixed] - Phone Canvas - the contact picture will not look like it's over the default contact picture anymore.
[Notes] - Full Verizon Build users, quite a few changes were made on the verizon packages, I cannot test them, please test and report back.
[Feature] - A few "system/3D" optimizations added/applied, seems to run smoother on all applications.
[Feature] - Lowered level of a few security policies allowing unsigned cabs to be installed. (Makes a lot easier to apply mod's/tweaks)
[Removed] - Bing 5.1, Blockbuster, IMDB, Slacker Radio to avoid double storage space usage. (any cab/package cooked in will copy itself first to the \Windows directory then to \Program Files directory, not all of them of course but the ones that install on a directory other then \Windows ... using 2X the space necessary for it to run, plus if you update the program after flashed, it becomes 3X cause the Rom files cannot be deleted..... learning a little more! I use the Ervius Kitchen 1.8.2)
[Fixed] - Answer Call Lag - please refer to post #538 for info about it.

There will be a "Cab Repository" link available at the first page, the cabs should be the same available for the apps except they were modded to create the shortcuts accordingly to the start menu customization on MyCleanImagio. (otherwise posted)

The new themes/skins/etc will be available at the "Cab Repository" as well, most of them are not my creations, but from other fanstastic creators (so many I cannot name now..) they were just "ported" to work with MyCleanImagio. Please understand they may work with MyCleanImagio 1.9 and on.... may not work with other roms, and may break the phone canvas of other roms!

[Notes 1.9] - After 1st boot, please wait a few minutes before playing with the rom (usually when you can see the custom wallpaper behind Sense). After 1st boot, it is particular to this rom to go to locked mode (if you are not connected to the computer). After you press the buttom to wake up the phone (1st boot), it may take 5 to 10 seconds to load the scripts for the lockscreen, so the screen will remain black until is loaded, that does not mean a "freeze" or anything bad, lol, it is programmed to do it! Again only after 1st boot or soft reset...

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Note about new builds with CHT 1.6.1
Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
N00b

Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874 May/3rd [Build 1.9]

Testing now. very nice. I am curious however, how come you dont make a 23563 build?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc28655 View Post
Testing now. very nice. I am curious however, how come you dont make a 23563 build?
Because after 23563 will come 23566, then another one, then another one... then Windows Mobile 7 will come out... then we buy another phone.. then all of this goes water down...lol... and we never enjoyed all that the Imagio can offer... we were just "flashing" (some people does enjoy that... which is perfectly fine...not blaming anyone please, just venting, hahaha), the past two weeks I could enjoy a little more the Imagio... amazing phone....
Plus look the other threads... problems here, problems there, this doesnt work anymore, youtube does not play HQ, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,... it never stops, its a pain in the neck to flash a new rom and then make all the changes we want, its a never ending story...new phones will come and we are still testing things! lol ... Im not up to that... for me its worth the hassle of improving 21874 (latest official Imagio)... not testing new ones... with 1.8 and 1.9, Im getting really close to the goal of just having it working good, without lockups/resets, having nice, updated and useful features we may need on the day by day..., hopefully 1.9 will show as stable as 1.8, then ill just realease a few posts about modding/skinning the correct files... then I'll realease my kitchen... so everyone can start/learn/mod the phone based on something that does work fine already.... (probably not the best... but working for sure...).. after that, I'll see you on windows mobile 7! lol

BTW, I do have 23557 on the kitchen, I'll post a build with it later on.. if I have time... works fine too.. but I did not test it too hard...

This is just my opinion...

Last edited by adortab; 05-03-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 PM
N00b

You've got a point. it is hard to keep up with all of that.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Is Verizon Light noticeably faster than Verizon Full? Because the Full with no Verizon apps is pretty darn fast and I'd hate to flash again though it only takes me a few minutes now. MyPhone has really helped.

BTW I have been using swype with no issues. Not sure if it slows anything down but from a stability standpoint with 1.8 and so far 1.9 no problems whatsoever.

Can't wait to see the themes you roll out.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
Is Verizon Light noticeably faster than Verizon Full? Because the Full with no Verizon apps is pretty darn fast and I'd hate to flash again though it only takes me a few minutes now. MyPhone has really helped.

BTW I have been using swype with no issues. Not sure if it slows anything down but from a stability standpoint with 1.8 and so far 1.9 no problems whatsoever.

Can't wait to see the themes you roll out.
Maybe the same I guess... let me know what do you find out...
It's great to hear about swype...can you post the cab you are using? I would like to test it too...
For me 1.7.1 is heavier.... although the rom is handling it very well I guess... 1.6.1 is way faster... up to the point that I will post later on this week 1.9 with CHT 1.6.1 too so everyone can have another option... should be fun to run it for a week with 1.7.1 then another week 1.6.1...
Another thing to try, is install over 1.6.1... may not work though...
Another question, how do you setup your screen with 1.7.1 (notification bar?/quicklinks? etc...)
Hiding the quicklinks by sliding down (I have 4 on the screen) makes a huge difference sliding between tabs...

The themes, I'll be uploading throught the week, I want to test a few other options... the Font UI options are uploaded already .. together with one different option taskbar...

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 12:08 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development