PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Drellisdee Whitestone Beta 23551 & 21896 3/28/10

The ram leak in gwes.exe has been a microsoft issue since WM6.5 was released and still hasn't been fixed it grows and grows even on a barebones wm6.5 sys build.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Didn't test on 4.1 but 4.1 had some video issues. Works great on 4.2 for me where I fixed video issues.
It was the same for me with 4.1 and 4.2. I have it preinstalled on the card (where you just run an .exe from the SD card) so maybe that has something to do with it. However it has never been a problem until 4.1.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PthPndr is just getting started

Garmin is working for me on 4.2. Didn't try it on 4.1
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

dcesq06 is a n00b

Is there UC included on this ROM? If so, is it UC or XDA_UC? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Good Drellisdee (and everyone else), I'm pleased to report that my Music Tab is working properly now. I've re-synced all my music (1200+ tracks, ~8GB) back onto the device, and I've only had playback stutter one time, and that was in the middle of a track, not the old every couple seconds it was doing. I'll check that MP3.

All I did was reformat the SD card and re-sync. I used 4K blocks instead of the default 8K, but that shouldn't mean anything for files these size. I also noticed that the scan/album art step the Music Tab does took notably less time than it ever has.

Watching AudioManager_eng in task manager, I'm seeing a relatively even 2-5% CPU usage with no spikes every few seconds like it was doing to me before. It's still a beast of an application and drags the phone down, but it works!

I do know this post has little to do with the custom ROM, but I also know others have been having problems with music stuttering. I don't know why just cleaning off the SD card and putting everything back on it exactly the same way made such a difference, but it did. Might be something you other folks can try. I formatted the microSD with FAT32 and 4K blocks.

Hope this is useful info

EDIT: Oh wait -- I did one more thing on a hunch, and it may actually be important. Sorry I forgot about this in all my MP3 happiness ... I removed any MP3s with special characters in the title/artist. My guess there was maybe the HTC app was choking on them. In my case, that mean removing everything by Blue Oyster Cult and Motley Crue (don't judge) because I have them stored with the 'proper' umlauts in the names. My Roku Soundbridge chokes on those as well, so I thought it was worth a try. I'll put them back before I flash the Imagio next to see if that was relevant. I'm hoping to stick with it as-is for a while, though

Last edited by djp952; 03-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcesq06 View Post
Is there UC included on this ROM? If so, is it UC or XDA_UC? Thanks.
Yes beta 3+. Its standard UC type with run CC. Read changelog on beta 3.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

dcesq06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Yes beta 3+. Its standard UC type with run CC. Read changelog on beta 3.
Thanks. Just to make sure I understand, we should only include the cabs. We should not begin with LOCK:Enabled and we should not end with LOCKisabled and RST: Reset?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:18 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcesq06 View Post
Thanks. Just to make sure I understand, we should only include the cabs. We should not begin with LOCK:Enabled and we should not end with LOCKisabled and RST: Reset?
Xml's are ok too. Yes you are correct & don't use cabs that require user input to install. Depending on the cab you may have to manually soft reset when done if cab requires it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Lurker

nukezdoc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Sorry I forgot about this in all my MP3 happiness ... I removed any MP3s with special characters in the title/artist.
I'm going to be irate if all my problems are because of the one Motorhead song in my Running Music playlist.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

mtglo is just getting started

What is the difference between the ROMs with 23549 and now 23551?

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development