PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Drellisdee Whitestone Beta 23549 3/24/10

[QUOTE=drellisdee;1657300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post

You have to press the start or backup Hardware keys not onscreen.

The end key was the only one that worked , powered off and reset.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

only had a Swype problem the first time I selected to use it as a keyboard. after a reset it works great
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

nukezdoc is a n00b

I've really been enjoying both beta2 and beta3; thanks for your hard work, DrEllis, cause I don't have the time or talent to learn how to make a kitchen on my own.

An issue I have run into is with the HTC Music tab/application. After pressing the "play" button, the song (any song) will play as expected for ~20-90 seconds (not in a consistent pattern that I can tell so far), the screen will give a bit of a flash (like its turning on/off the backlight) and the music will stop. The play button is still at the pause symbol, but the music quits.

This has been a problem on both beta2 and beta3. I don't know about beta1 or the alpha releases since I haven't flashed them. I'm running Cookie's Home Tab, Manila Disable Clock Flipping. I currently uninstalled Swype, but also had this problem while it was installed.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

this is a great rom. i like how everything has kept the stock look.

so far the only problems ive noticed are...

- when the menus slide in (such as the keyboard selector) there is a graphics glitch.

- when using swype the keyboard overlaps the softkeys

thanks for the hardwork!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: verizon

virgillio is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
jbh00jh, good find I'll need to look for a 6.5.5 compatible version of Total Commander. You can get out with hardware keys like hardware start then close it with showcase.

Virgillio, I'm using the album 3.2 which looks for HTC Messaging which I removed due to Visual VoiceMail issue which is one of my fav apps. Use the "mail" option from albumn and pick picture message.

Edit: nevermind it causes a freeze when sending mms from albumn as mail. You have to send it from a text message then do insert picture then browse for it. I'll put htc messaging back in or another version of htc albumn next time.
Drellisdee,
Thanks for your help. I can use the workaround to send pictures. The rom is great. Thanks for all your hard work
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Whitestone

SuperDave MotorSports is a n00b
Re: [ROM] Drellisdee Whitestone Beta 23549

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
The D3D should work as I'm using stock for now while stabilty is being tested. The shared resources cab is for TP2 and should work but I wouldn't think its needed. Latest working swype is included in beta 3. The other stuff I don't use as I'm not into skinning and custom taskbar stuff. I do know most of the posted custom taskbar stuff can kill the htc volume control I've heard in my roms. You can always try and see and may require a hard reset if taskbar stuff doesn't work. As far as stabilty goes I read your post in NRG thread and stock roms are almost always more stable than customs as its a trade-off you get for being on the bleeding edge of stuff. We are actually being indirectly used as beta testers for microsoft and htc with the new stuff. Keep this in mind before you flash off of your stock rom.
Not to mention swype.
With all the threads on several forums that they have been closing I would venture to guess that they have got all the information they need from us, and are close to a Windows Mobile generic release.

The other day I found a link to a registration screen that asked if you wanted to be notified when a imagio release was available.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

I'm considering switching from the Energy Rom to this one, but before I do that, can someone comment on the speed and stability of beta 3, compared to, for example, the original stock rom, and the energy rom?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
I'm considering switching from the Energy Rom to this one, but before I do that, can someone comment on the speed and stability of beta 3, compared to, for example, the original stock rom, and the energy rom?
I have gone back and forth between Energy and this one and I can now say that I like this one much better. It has less junk, it is more stable, it includes Swype, it has Opera 9 vs 10 which is more stable, and it has no unnecessary tweaks (i.e. sliders, taskbars, buttons, start up animations).

Last edited by willywonkaisrsh; 03-25-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezdoc View Post
I've really been enjoying both beta2 and beta3; thanks for your hard work, DrEllis, cause I don't have the time or talent to learn how to make a kitchen on my own.

An issue I have run into is with the HTC Music tab/application. After pressing the "play" button, the song (any song) will play as expected for ~20-90 seconds (not in a consistent pattern that I can tell so far), the screen will give a bit of a flash (like its turning on/off the backlight) and the music will stop. The play button is still at the pause symbol, but the music quits.

This has been a problem on both beta2 and beta3. I don't know about beta1 or the alpha releases since I haven't flashed them. I'm running Cookie's Home Tab, Manila Disable Clock Flipping. I currently uninstalled Swype, but also had this problem while it was installed.
I'm not having any problem with the HTC Music tab. My songs play without a hitch. Are you playing MP3s you downloaded or ones you ripped from CDs?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
I just switched from the Energy Rom and so far I like this ROM better. The main issue is that this ROM is based from the beginning on the stock Imagio ROM, so there is no need to do any carrier provisioning, which I never fully trusted. Text and MMS in the Beta 3 ROM work right after you install it, and it immediately connects to Exchange mail without having to install third part software like the latest Energy Rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development