PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

ascssmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Apr 1| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titanium

Searched this forum, can't find anything about using my phone as a modem for my laptop, I know I've been able to before, anyone got a magical fix or a cab for this?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

Viventis is just getting started
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Apr 1| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlspawn View Post
There are many posts and threads on how to do this (screen rotation) in the general forums, it is not ROM specific and therefore is not appropriate conversation for the ROM specific thread.
I will be more specific. I am trying to use the utility found in these forums named TF3DRotation.cab. When installed, it is called " fmstrats TF3D Rotation Registry Cab." The cab works on the stock ROM. I got the cab to work on one version of the 21898, Sense 2.1 ROM. However, I can't get it to work on any version of the 23554, Sense 2.5 ROMs. It installs succesfully but does nothing, even with the standard soft reset. Does anyone have a cab that successfully accomplishes auto screen rotation in a 23554, Sense 2.5 ROM?

Last edited by Viventis; 04-06-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaitari View Post
Yup, just got done looking. That's what I was trying to play too.

Converted it to a WMV and it plays fine. I guess I can do that for the time being.
Thanks, me sometimes being an idiot, I never thought to do that. Tried it, results in a lower resolution and stutters occasionally, but I can live with it for now.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Can someone explain what the various hotfixes are for, and which one should be installed with the non-6.5.3 version of sense 2.5? I've always shied away from them because Im never sure which ones I need.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker

az_broker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
I'm running the Apr 1 23554 CHT and I feel like my brain has gone into neutral. For the life of me I can't access the settings to set email and attachment file size settings. I tried shutting down Sense and I still can't gain access. Right now the vast majority of my email says Click here to download the rest of this message. Driving me nuts! Help out a t0ad. TIA.
I had the same feeling. try: start/internet/messaging/menu/options
The tabs at the top will let you set storage card and set the other various file sizes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Lurker

az_broker is a n00b
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 /Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
OK trying it again and this time it isnt working.. doest search for the file at all. just ask me to restore like usual.
There are two different resets.

1. Hold down send button (green), end/power (red) button, volume down button and press the reset button behind the back cover. This will ask you if you want to restore.

2. Hold down end/power (red) button, volume down button and press the reset button behind the back cover. This will ask you if you want to upgrade rom provided you have the whitimg.nbh on the storage card.

Also make sure that the whitimg.nbh file is on the root of your storage card and is named exactly whitimg.nbh

YES: storage card/whitimg.nbh

NO: storage card/*any folder*/whitimg.nbh
Old 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
see my above post.. post #1326
Thanks, missed it on the tail end of that line. Unfortunately I can't stand VM in general and the only way I can tolerate it and respond to work related messages is with VMM, so time to try out some of the other chef's options. Too bad because otherwise a good ROM. Too bad I deleted the old 3/17 one that had VMM working.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascssmith View Post
Searched this forum, can't find anything about using my phone as a modem for my laptop, I know I've been able to before, anyone got a magical fix or a cab for this?
Theres a lot of programs out there try using google, the program i use is called WMWifiRouter.. seems to be the best but theres others try searching "wifi router imagio xda" or something along those lines i know i've seen cabs for ones there, hope this helped.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Thanks, missed it on the tail end of that line. Unfortunately I can't stand VM in general and the only way I can tolerate it and respond to work related messages is with VMM, so time to try out some of the other chef's options. Too bad because otherwise a good ROM. Too bad I deleted the old 3/17 one that had VMM working.
I can set you up with the 3/17 CHT ROM if that is the one you are looking for. It would have to be later tonight but I'm pretty sure I have it still.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

So I will ask again, see if anything happens. Running the March 26th 23549 ROM, and the delay between viewing a text and responding is 15 to 20 seconds. When I slide over to the text screen, its quick as all get out, but when I tap the screen to respond and it goes from the 'home' background to the white background where I can type in my response, it takes like 20 seconds.

Any help out there?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development