PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

You guys should also bump up the battery polling time to increase life. There is no need to poll the battery like every second or whatever the rom uses. I poll every 2 minutes or so
Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium500 View Post
You guys should also bump up the battery polling time to increase life. There is no need to poll the battery like every second or whatever the rom uses. I poll every 2 minutes or so
Thanks R500. I tried that as well. Went as high as 40000 with my polling interval (up from 5000). Curious, what did you use for a 2 minute polling interval?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900

voidunknown is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_roey View Post
Thanks R500. I tried that as well. Went as high as 40000 with my polling interval (up from 5000). Curious, what did you use for a 2 minute polling interval?
The polling time is in milliseconds.

2 minutes = 120 seconds = 120,000 milliseconds
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

JustinCityLights is a n00b

So if i already have Sense 2.5 and such on my phone and are about to put on this ROM will it pretty much delete out sense 2.5 and replace it with whatever this uses? In that case i might as well Hard reset and start all over then re install sense 2.5?

Anyone got on updates on if its a little faster with less usage while using sense 2.5? At work dont have time to read the whole thread :P
Old 03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started

Flashing the rom is effectively doing a hard reset, so if it's something you were looking to do anyway, you might as well go for it!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

robocrop is becoming a great contributor

Well, I flashed this as soon as it was released. I had the initial battery problems that went away. I did play with various pieces of software, installing and uninstalling which polluted the system pretty good. So I did a hard reset. What a mess that created. My battery life and memory usage has been horrible since then, its been about two weeks since the hard reset. One annoying condiditon I have noted is on the weekend with minimal usage my battery will report 80% left after 12 hours off the charger. If I leave my phone off the charger I will be awoken around 4 am with a battery critical alarm. Its hard to believe my phone operates harder during the night. I have tested this a couple of times with the same results.

Memory consumption is probably the worst I have seen. Cleanram helps somewhat but presented other issues. So a soft reset everyday is the ritual.

Cant wait for the HSPL and the real ROM chefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

This may sound stupid. but I have the 3.04 rom with the stock sense on it, and i installed s2u2 slide to unlock, and my battery has been at 100 % all day. I have talked on it 4 times, and text a lot. I removed it from my phone cause i thought it was interfering with the reading of the battery. But it was reading the same when i took it off. I was worried about putting it on because i read somewhere where someone said it drains the battery. Just wanted to let you know this....
Old 03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There have been several posts that said they had some problems with the battery meter for a day or so after they installed the 3.04 ROM. Your's may be a little off if you used the phone 4 times and texted and still have 100% showing on your meter. Just check it for a day or so and it should be back to normal. It would be nice if i am wrong and you have that kind of battery power.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
There have been several posts that said they had some problems with the battery meter for a day or so after they installed the 3.04 ROM. Your's may be a little off if you used the phone 4 times and texted and still have 100% showing on your meter. Just check it for a day or so and it should be back to normal. It would be nice if i am wrong and you have that kind of battery power.

I have had the new shipped rom on my phone since it came out. I have been getting better battery life since i installed the s2u2 yesterday. Hope it keeps it up. Guess only time will tell.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's great man , hope it lasts !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development