PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

CapnBludd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Just wanted to say thanks, new rom has greatly increased battery life, it's like a different phone now.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

greggerson is a n00b

Hey, new to the site and this is my first post so dont shoot me if I missed something earlier in this thread. Conflipper started it by saying this was not official from Verizon. The Verizon site now has a link to the same software update so I would think that makes it official.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

conflipper released it before VZW made it official and released it.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

FWIW, I've had the upgrade for a week plus I added all the color switches and toolbar etc. My phone boots up in the 50%'s then settles in at 65%. After HTC CleanRam it drops back down to about 62% then goes back up to 65%.

That is MUCH better than the initial ROM and even better than what I am getting with SPB Mobile Shell under heavy use.

Battery life I'm not sure. Seems about the same. I can go a whole day usually with moderate calling and lots of web and text without a charge though I usually charge here and there while in my car.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
N00b

Blackice000 is just getting started

OK...so after long term (ok about 2 weeks) testing. I have noticed I stay at around 74% pretty consistently. The main extra I have loaded is Swype.

I'd like it to be lower...but hey, it works..

Rick
Old 03-07-2010, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

If we were always in the 40s, we'd be wishing we were in the 20s or 30s, right?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b

Blackice000 is just getting started

I agree, you always want more. I would like to see a 10% decrease. 74% is very close to the edge if you want to run something with a large memory footprint.

I'm going to really look at what I have in startup and running (invisible) programs. I wish there was a list that explained what everything did in one place. I've seen lists that say this or that is not needed, but not WHY they aren't or what they do.

I'm going to keep trying.

Rick
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

JustinCityLights is a n00b

I dont know whats going on but i cant even download the file....
Old 03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have you guys disabled the resproxy and push internet for more free ram
Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Wanted to provide a little feedback on my battery life issue. Like some of you, when I upgraded to the 3.04 ROM my battery life seemingly went south really fast. Did more than a few hard resets and build ups from scratch to try to determine what was causing my significantly reduced battery life.

Bottom line, at least for me, is my battery life woes were more of a concidience with the 3.04 ROM release than anything else. My real problem was a defective battery . . .

What was happening to me was my battery would completely drain within a day or so if I didn't get to a charger. I know, I know - it's a smart phone, what did I expect? Well, I expected my battery life to be at least as good as it was before I jumped onto the ROM wagon, no better. My personal usage profile (talk/text time, locations, no. of bars, email sync freq, etc.) before I started having problems would let me go up to three days without charging if I really wanted to. As of late, 100 to 50% in two to three hours and and a steady decline after that.

Like I just stated, somewhere along the way I happened to notice that with a full charge, my battery would run down to about 50 % in two hours or so and once I hit about 50% I would get what I thought to be close to normal drain. A flag went up based on what little I know about battery cells so I decided to stop my my local Verizon store.

I explained what was happening to the tech and she didn't even bother to pull the cover off of the back of my phone, she just began typing up the warranty replacement paperwork. FYI: I ordered my phone on the very first day they became available from VZW so if my battery is still under warranty, odds are so is yours.

Too late to make a long story short but I've since received my replacement battery and although I'm only a few charge cycles into it, I'm noticing "at least as good as before" battery performance. I'm not going to go crazy with "heaps better!" or "batt life with this ROM rocks!" just yet but I'm convinced that a defective battery was my problem.

If you haven't ruled a bad battery out, consider looking into it before you go too much further with a setting-by-setting troubleshooting regiment.

The following link is to a quick article about prolonging Li On battery life:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

No silver bullets but it provided a little bit of insight into what I shouldn't be doing. Hope it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development