PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

min68 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody using spb TV on Vogue?

IMHO spb TV is the best on-line TV program, fast and always get connected.
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-software/tv/

But I have a big problem with it, after running, my original brightness adjustment is useless. Brightness keeps consistent in all other programs, except in spb TV it's adjustable though spb TV control.
Tried from stock WM6.1 to different WM6.5/WM6.5.1 ROMs, all same result.
Any idea?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Anybody using spb TV on Vogue?

Is there any way you can set the brightness in the spb app and save your settings so when you use it again it will adjust on startup? Also, is there a paid subscription required for channels? Just curious .
Old 11-20-2009, 12:05 AM
N00b
Carrier: NYB

Old Faithful is just getting started

horndoctor, I tried it, they let you check out a few stations for free, and the TV guide is good (to get all the stations you need to register it).

However, it does require a fast connection, so if your signal is not great, you're out of luck. I chose a station, and it told me I needed 384Kb/s for low quality, but I don't get even that where I live so it was useless. I also noticed that the battery was getting quite warm just after a few minutes of use.

I'm going to try it next time I go to town to see whether it works any better in a strong signal area (near a cell tower with full bars I can get up to 1.2Mb/s but I usually get around 800Kb/s)

Well I looked ity up on spbsoftware's forum and it turns out it defaults to normal quality (sure looked shitty to me!)... I tried again and switched to lower quality (200Kb/s), more compression artifacts but generally better because it doesn't stutter anymore

And yes, it's free, I wasn't clear enough... It's just that if you want to see all 200 or so channels, you'll need to register...

Last edited by Old Faithful; 11-20-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Some new details...
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i use spb tv on all my phones and no issues on vogue running 6.5. i love the picture in picture feature.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Hmm...Well I might try it. I've got SprintTV but hardly ever use it so I don't know how much use it will get. I generally don't use stuff like this a lot cause these apps really drain the battery fast. Do any of you guys think it is better than SprintTV? Do you get more channels for free?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 AM
N00b
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

min68 is a n00b

After using spb TV built-in brightness control, can you still us Vogue original control panel to adjust it? which WM6.5 ROM you are using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i use spb tv on all my phones and no issues on vogue running 6.5. i love the picture in picture feature.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 AM
N00b
Carrier: NYB

Old Faithful is just getting started

I tried to reproduce your problem on my machine (OEM ROM, WM 6.1, HTC Touch Vogue), everything is fine here. No bugs.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.20)

anyone got a cab?

Last edited by Reddog80p; 11-20-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

what is the typical battery life with this app? normally if i put my 6900 in airplane mode i can get a little over 90 mins full motion video and have about 25% charge left.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog80p View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.20)

anyone got a cab?
link is posted in op, you get all the goodies with"pay" version.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
spb tv brightness