PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA + GPS
Carrier: Bell

Torob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Goin Crazy

Hey, been a PPCGeeks user for a long time, but mostly trolled, my HTC Touch is acting up and i thought what better place to ask than here

Htc touch that i have been using for a while and love it.
Lately though its going a bit crazy and seems like a Windows OS with a virus on it..

The first obvious problem is the camera. If i click the camera button, or go to the HTC camera program, its really slow to begin with, but once it loads up
screen goes all black with the backlight on.... if i press all buttons or touch in random places it'll maybe do something, i'll see half of a "done" button

If i manage to get out, some random pixels of my background become transparent and where ever i point the cam to my background shows a bit of it

The whole blackout is recent, matter of fact while im typing this, before it would show the camera program, but it wouldn't show on the soft button bar, and a bit over that too... so it wouldn't fullscreen

I've done numerous shut downs, reboots, soft resets, nothing has worked
Another interesting thing which i never changed was, when it starts up, it does it in landscape mode

I've done a couple reg tweaks including camera ones, but none that would mess it up like this, plus i did the reg tweaks a long time ago and they worked fine, but this randomly happened.
Only recent app i installed was CleanRAM which i removed and no fix

Software: Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Apps i have on it:
QuickMenu
Beejive IM
Kinoma Play
Sprite Backup (i put just couple hours ago in thoughts i might have to hard reset)
amAze GPS
Facebook
fim (facebook IM)
Google Maps
JBed (Opera)
MyMobiler
Opera Mini
PHM RegEdit
PockeTwit
Resco File Explorer
Resco Radio
Skyfire
Turn Off The Light (so when i hold camera button it launches and turns off display)
USB Modem
WkTask
wmIRC
WModem
Youtube HTC
youtubeplay

Not sure what to do at this point... is redoing the phone the only way?
If there is a way, i'd appreciate the help

If not I'm not sure how to do the ROM flashing, if there is a guide, it would be nice to see a link / Would my sprite backup (programs + settings) work with new rom? Can i use winmo 6.5 on the touch? Won't it be slower? Will all apps i have now work on it?
And the question thats probably most familiar, What is the recommended ROM or most used/useful?

Thats tons of questions, thanks ahead of time
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: HTC Touch Goin Crazy

Wow, well I really think what you need to do is a clear storage or hard reset. I would backup everything first with sprite. Now, If you are wanting to try 6.5 and a custom rom now is the time. I say this because you will have to hard reset to flash anyway. In that case, do a backup and then you can unlock and flash . I recommend flashing a few roms before reinstalling everything back on though.
I suggest you start by reading through the unlocker thread first. It is a sticky in the Vogue Upgrades Forum. Use the 2.31 unlocker. You will want to upgrade your radio if you don't have a 3.xx.xx (GPS enabled) version. Then after you are unlocked, read some rom threads and tutorials. Read them twice if necessary. A good one is codybear's faq on xda-developers. Here is a link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508544

Good Luck!!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wow, well I really think what you need to do is a clear storage or hard reset. I would backup everything first with sprite. Now, If you are wanting to try 6.5 and a custom rom now is the time. I say this because you will have to hard reset to flash anyway. In that case, do a backup and then you can unlock and flash . I recommend flashing a few roms before reinstalling everything back on though.
I suggest you start by reading through the unlocker thread first. It is a sticky in the Vogue Upgrades Forum. Use the 2.31 unlocker. You will want to upgrade your radio if you don't have a 3.xx.xx (GPS enabled) version. Then after you are unlocked, read some rom threads and tutorials. Read them twice if necessary. A good one is codybear's faq on xda-developers. Here is a link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508544

Good Luck!!!!
Thanks i've already done a full backup using sprite
I guess there is no other option than hard reset?

Question is, if i do hard reset and go to 6.5... my backup will be useless no?
Or can i still pull contacts / files / apps etc.?
Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I would agree that a hard reset is probably the quickest way to fix your problems. If that doesn't work you may have a faulty device.

In answer to your questions about WM 6.5, I would say that in my experience 6.5 has been quicker and more stable than 6.1, plus gesture recognition us built in, meaning that almost all programs, menus and settings screens have better kinetic scrolling.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I would definally hard reset, might be another way out but the Hard Reset will be the easiest way to find out if is software or hardware problem, good luck and keep us up to date.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torob View Post
Thanks i've already done a full backup using sprite
I guess there is no other option than hard reset?

Question is, if i do hard reset and go to 6.5... my backup will be useless no?
Or can i still pull contacts / files / apps etc.?
No, your contacts and apps should integrate fine with 6.5. It really is not so different than 6.1 that older apps won't work. No guarantees though but you should be fine.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay thanks... i'll go look into it and start doing this right now...

By the way its been unlocked i think... COKE something i used to know how to do all this before, i just need a refresher
GPS works too

Last edited by Torob; 11-16-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Your Welcome. Saying thanks is nice...pressing thanks is better.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue