PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH VOGUE , NOKIA N73 ME
Carrier: CRICKET , T-MOBILE
Threadstarter

palmbeachboii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: which cricket prl file works in florida

i tried the cricket prl 38644 and 38944 i got a sprint signal , when i dial *228 it says your phone is not authorized for service at this time.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeachboii View Post
i tried the cricket prl 38644 and 38944 i got a sprint signal , when i dial *228 it says your phone is not authorized for service at this time.
How do you know it's a sprint signal? Is your phone sprint branded?
OK these are the only two listed for the extended coverage area in Florida, cricket does not have native service in Fl. You will not be able to *228 while in that area. You will need to do the following
Do an ESN swap with cricket on your account.
If the above has been done then you will need to do the following
program MDN/MSID
program SID/NID
load PRL
These Items can most likely be found on the phone that you have currently working in Florida. If it has a different PRL let me know and I can get it for you.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

palmbeachboii is a n00b

Ok i will do it tomorrow, i'll let you know what happens, i really appreciate your help.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok i will do it tomorrow, i'll let you know what happens, i really appreciate your help.
Also double check all your pst setting http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507276
Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

palmbeachboii is a n00b

its not working for me. i tried every prl file. my pst settings r correct. but no luck. im going to georgia in 2 days i will do it there . it might work. cuz they have cricket coverage .
thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
its not working for me. i tried every prl file. my pst settings r correct. but no luck. im going to georgia in 2 days i will do it there . it might work. cuz they have cricket coverage .
thanks guys.
You should have no problem in crickets native coverage area.. Also I would recommend that you call cricket and double check that they have the correct ESN. It has happened to me before that it was wrong in there system.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb
Carrier: cricket

ls40095 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
How do you know it's a sprint signal? Is your phone sprint branded?
OK these are the only two listed for the extended coverage area in Florida, cricket does not have native service in Fl. You will not be able to *228 while in that area. You will need to do the following
Do an ESN swap with cricket on your account.
If the above has been done then you will need to do the following
program MDN/MSID
program SID/NID
load PRL
These Items can most likely be found on the phone that you have currently working in Florida. If it has a different PRL let me know and I can get it for you.

Could you please help a newbie?

I have a BB Pearl I just flashed using QPST to cricket...I was told by cricket that when I travel I would have to manually load the PRL to where I am going. I went through this last month after buying an old BB 7130 and traveling to Ft lauderdale Florida only to be stranded with out a phone that worked..the phone works fine in my home area but not when I travel cause when *228 or any variation is called, it will not program forward PRL..

could you please advise on how to do this?

thank You so much.. (copy via PM)
Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls40095 View Post
Could you please help a newbie?

I have a BB Pearl I just flashed using QPST to cricket...I was told by cricket that when I travel I would have to manually load the PRL to where I am going. I went through this last month after buying an old BB 7130 and traveling to Ft lauderdale Florida only to be stranded with out a phone that worked..the phone works fine in my home area but not when I travel cause when *228 or any variation is called, it will not program forward PRL..

could you please advise on how to do this?

thank You so much.. (copy via PM)
I didn't mention this in my PM but your BB is a dual band CMDA and won't work in all cricket markets (AWS) so be advised that in places like most of FL you will be roaming on another network and will need either money in ur flexbucket or a plan that includes roaming.

You can also load one of these http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1257307095 through QPST while in a native cricket area. Don't do the OTASP it will overwrite them with a local PRL.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 03-01-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Keep in mind that cricKets extended coverage is not cricket native coverage and features like WAP/MMS and *228 OTASP will not work because you will be roaming on another network. You also will need PEC on the account.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bb
Carrier: cricket

ls40095 is a n00b

<OK in the thread there is a link to two PRL's unzip them to your PC, then hook up to your phone and run QPST service program and click the ROAM tab, towards the bottom you'll see browse click it and find the PRL that you want to load and then click write to phone let it do it's thing and it should load. Pretty much load it like ya did when you flashed it.>

OK.. but I cant find them, still looking.....

<I didn't mention this in my PM but your BB is a dual band CMDA and won't work in all cricket markets (AWS) so be advised that in places like most of FL you will be roaming on another network and will need either money in ur flexbucket or a plan that includes roaming.>

My plan includes roaming.

<You can also load one of these http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1257307095 through QPST while in a native cricket area. Don't do the OTASP it will overwrite them with a local PRL. >

Ok.. I loaded it but whats it for?...Do you mean my home area when you say native?..Is otasp dialing *228?

<Keep in mind that cricKets extended coverage is not cricket native coverage and features like WAP/MMS and *228 OTASP will not work because you will be roaming on another network. You also will need PEC on the account.>

Not sure I understand ..Whats PEC?....Thanks in advance...I will donate something..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
cricket, florida, htc vogue, prl