PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Bell

amunir is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NFSFAN rom and tethering

Hello,

I have searched for the list of programs included in NFSFAN rom and am unable to find them. Actually I just want to know what program lets u tether without being detected on NFSFAN rom as every one always says. I want to install that program on a clean rom. I am sort of a OCD kind of person and it annoys me to see all the extra programs that come with nfsfan rom. I like my phone rather clean and with only stuff i use.

I guess another good question is.. what is so good about his roms anyway? other then the tethering thing?

az
Old 10-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

amunir is a n00b
Re: NFSFAN rom and tethering

p.s. just to add.. i just went back to the original bell rom from the website.. wm 6.1 and for some reason my reception is ****ty and internet is so much slower.. and the lil icon stays 1x most of the time.. sometimes ev.. on wm 6.5 it was always 3g could that be the reason?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

The info you need to get tethering going is in this thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=720308 Custom Roms are "better" than stock roms generally because Chefs like NFSFAN apply mods to speed things up and add functions like tethering that are not enabled in Stock Roms. Your reception issue may be due to a change in your radio which there are several available . From what I know, the most current radio for the Vogue on Bell is the 3.42.50 version. You can check that when your device boots up by looking at the red numbers in the lower right hand corner. The numbers to the right of the red R will be your radio version. Also, reception will obviously vary by your location and weather conditions .
Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

amunir is a n00b

well the radio was the newest one both times i checked it.. but for some reason the reception was greatly improved with nfsfan rom.. however the battery life and speed took a huge hit.. so figured i would go back to 6.1..

also i thought that my phone cant be on 3g and its only evdo.. however when i installed nfsfan rom.. it was showing 3g connection? is this the reason it had better reception?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

No, the only reason why it said 3g is because of the indicator that NFSFAN used in his taskbar. EVDOrevA is what the high speed connection is called on CDMA networks. 3g is what the high speed connection is called on GSM networks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

amunir is a n00b

also.. ne one have the cab for opera and youtube used in nfsfan?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Try this version of Opera:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=9 It's a build of 9.5 that I like. On youtube, there is a regular WinMo youtube app available and also you could get a version of TCPMP or CorePlayer that will work well. Let me know if you liked that build of Opera by clicking the Thanks button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amunir View Post
also.. ne one have the cab for opera and youtube used in nfsfan?
There is a link on either the first or second post on his thread.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue