PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: verizon

zoomin0074 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
verizon touch no data MMS best rom???

I am looking for a rom for my touch that will not use data but will be able to send/recive MMS.. I am currently running NSFAN v15 6.1 but it has components that use data and its costing me money. I would like to have alot of cool tools, games and be finger friendly.. Can someone suggest a rom or should I just flash to stock rom.. Although I use IGONav and would like to keep my GPS ability.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

VogueUser is a n00b
Post Re: verizon touch no data MMS best rom???

I believe it is the GSM dialer in the ROM that keeps connecting to the data network. You can replace it with the CDMA dialer and you get a more 'stock' look, (i.e. the Data Arrows work correctly, they only flash when data is moving).

You lose some of the GSM dialer fun things like send text when you ignore a call, but the dialer is the one built for the CDMA Verizon phone.

You can find it at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15#post4198615 in NFSFAN's wm6.5 postings.

He posted it for users with his wm6.5 ROM but it is the Vogue dialer and I use it on my phone with his V1.15 ROM and it works fine.
TELUS aGPS Fix
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: verizon touch no data MMS best rom???

Using data and connecting to MMS has nothing to do with a ROM. MMS requires a data conneciton to connect to the MMS server. Doing MMS only will not charge you for Data. Check out my guide on setting up the data connection only to work for MMS.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue