PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i8000
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Juste is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to ActiveSync while using 2 Microsoft Exchange servers ?

Hello,

Since I started using 2 Microsoft Exchange servers ( Mail2web for email and Google for Calendar and Contacts ), I found that I no longer can ActiveSync my device with the PC.
I keep getting an error message. Each time, I have to delete one of the servers to be able to ActiveSync.
Is there anything I can do to avoid this workaround ?

Thanks,
Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: How to ActiveSync while using 2 Microsoft Exchange servers ?

I don't think so if you are syncing with the same pc. You may be able to do it if you sync with one pc for one server and another pc for the other server but obviously that's not very convenient. I think it has to do with partnerships. I believe you can set up two different partnerships with your device.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Juste is a n00b

I did not know there were restrictions in terms of how many servers one could have to be able to ActiveSync without problems.

Can you please tell me how to go about setting up those different partnerships ?

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

I would suspect that you would have to install ActiveSync on two diff pc's if they both have XP. If one or both has Vista or Win7 then you would just use Windows Mobile Device Center instead and you shouldn't install ActveSync on those pc's. Then connect your device and follow the on screen instructons on your pc to set up partnerships with each pc.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Juste is a n00b

Thanks for replying.

I really don't see why one would need two different PC's. Wouldn't the second one behave exactly the same as the first one ? What is the difference ?

Maybe I should be more specific.
I would only like to run ActiveSync when I have to install something on the device from the desktop.
I do not need it for anything else. Usually, I only synchronize a certain number of files, nothing else.

I can't believe they did not foresee this kind of problem.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor

What kind of problem? That some of us might use more than one server? Oh my!

In all seriousness though, you could try going to Microsoft's website and searching around. You might find a kernel that discusses a solution, or at least explains why it is not working.
- John 3:21
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juste View Post
Thanks for replying.

I really don't see why one would need two different PC's. Wouldn't the second one behave exactly the same as the first one ? What is the difference ?

Maybe I should be more specific.
I would only like to run ActiveSync when I have to install something on the device from the desktop.
I do not need it for anything else. Usually, I only synchronize a certain number of files, nothing else.

I can't believe they did not foresee this kind of problem.
Obviously , normally you don't need to use 2 pc's but your original question was if you wanted to be able to sync email between your device and a pc from one source and contacts and calendar between your device and a pc from another source then how could you do that with just your device. The best scenario would be if you had your contacts, email, and calendar in one place(say your pc) then you sync with that pc and everything stays in sync and you can also do other things like you said install something from your desktop to your device.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Juste is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Obviously , normally you don't need to use 2 pc's but your original question was if you wanted to be able to sync email between your device and a pc from one source and contacts and calendar between your device and a pc from another source then how could you do that with just your device. The best scenario would be if you had your contacts, email, and calendar in one place(say your pc) then you sync with that pc and everything stays in sync and you can also do other things like you said install something from your desktop to your device.
That's exactly what I am trying to achieve.

The only thing that is supposed to sync with my pc are the Files. However, the ActiveSync refuses to run as long as I have those 2 servers (mail2web and Google) running.
Basically, I only need ActiveSync to be able to install some applications from the desktop. If I always could use the .cab files, I could very well go without this ActiveSync.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue