PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

katpeeler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to disable Data??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchyPDX View Post
- Start|Settings|Connections
- Manage Existing Connections
- General tab
- Delete settings
How do I undo this??....It seems that I cant even check text messages with this done. At least I think so anyways...In my "connections" tab?? Its asking me to add a new modem connection. Then in the "My network" its asking me to add a server connection or set up proxy....Please help
Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I was afraid you might post on this. I recommend you contact Verizon tech support and they can tell you what to enter. Just call the 800 number on a landline phone and tell them you accidentally deleted these settings and they will help.The other solution is to do a hard reset but unless you back up whatever you want to save before you hard reset you will loose anything you have installed/added. It will set it back to original condition. Push and Hold Talk and End buttons and insert the stylus in the reset hole to hard reset.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

katpeeler is a n00b

When I did that I had the same feeling.....Well honestly I dont have anything realy saved other than ring tones to various contacts, some music and phone numbers. If I do a reset will I loose this??...Just weighing my options because I know the phone call will take over an hour.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, unless you backup that stuff before you do the reset they will be lost. You could save all that stuff to your storage card before the reset. Your card will be untouched by the reset. Don't feel bad cause I made a mistake doing a reg edit once and pretty much disabled the touch screen and my only choice was a hard reset. After though my setup is better now than before.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

katpeeler is a n00b

Well since Im not real sure how to save all my data to my Storage card it looks like Ill be calling customer service...Thanx
Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

You can do it manually using File explorer or you could download a backup app like Sprite Backup to save stuff. Call Verizon first and if you have trouble you have an alternative.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

katpeeler is a n00b

Thanx again, I have just realized there is more to this little phone than I can comprehend. Maybe Ill just go back to my ol' CB Radio.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue