PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Bell

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Andrewwelton
Anyone have experiences with Bell and their Warranty?

I'm going back to Bell today and I was hoping to try and gather as much information as I can about what I'm going there for.

My phone has the well known cracks on the case, 5 of them to be exact. One above and below the volume slider, and 3 on the right side by the SD card door thing. The paint is also peeling all along the cracks and nearby them. I took my phone into them and they said that the Warranty was only for 12 months and my warranty had expired as of March 28th this year.

My response to them was that I bought the extended warranty (which I did.)
Their response was the extended warranty does not cover "cosmetic" damages.

I'm going back today because I have 2 new issues to ask them about.
Normally, I can go a full day with moderate to heavy use of my phone. In the last 3 or 4 days I've been struggling to make it through a day with maybe 20 texts sent, and a half hour of listening to music on my way to work and 5 minutes of browsing. Do you think the battery will be covered by the extended warranty or is that another mysterious and convenient loophole in their "extended warranty?"

Lastly, My usb connection seems a little weird lately. If I move my phone while its plugged in, it will lose the connection, and there is quite a bit of play in the cable while its connected. (The cable can rattle in all directions.)

Long read I know, but I'm just looking for some help so I can go in at least a little informed so I can "hopefully" walk out a happy customer.

Phones: HTC Vogue (Incubusj2c's 2.2 RLS12) RETIRED
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (Rooted, stock FW)
Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTV Vogue (NFSFAN 6.5 V12)

doan_1 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to doan_1
Re: Anyone have experiences with Bell and their Warranty?

I would say you have a case with the USB thing only. Most warranties (extended or otherwise) don't cover perishable items like a battery. I work for a Bell dealer and they dont cover batteries. That being said I would still get it sent away and tested. But the casing you are likely on your own. Bell just made it really difficult for Data device users about 2 weeks ago. Even under their year, they now have to send it out and pay 45+ for a loaner! No more swaps, so good luck!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff

Ugh, that sucks.

Ah well. I'll still try and see how it goes, maybe I'll get a compassionate/sympathetic employee.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yeah the usb problem should def be covered but the battery may just be worn out. I think if you plan on keeping the phone def save up and get a 2000mah battery. It's def worth it. Most come with a replacemet battery door cause the extended battery is thicker.I think the only thing to do about the cracks would be to get a different housing or some kind of casing that will cover the housing you have. Maybe you can find a used Sprint Vogue and switch housings. Dunno.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Just got back home...
They say the battery is covered under the extended warranty.
So when they get loaner phones back, they are going to call me and send my phone away for the battery test.

In other words they are going to take my phone for a week and say the battery "is within acceptable limits."

I'll look into a bigger battery though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue