PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: T-Mobile

Touch-ee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen lines

I have some faint lines in my screen. They are those rainbow looking lines that are created by the gap between the two layers of the screen. When you put your finger on the screen the move around but do not go away. I could return my phone but is there anyway to fix this? Is there anyway to take the front screen off and blow it with air or anything?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Screen lines

Do you have a screen protector on your device? If so those lines may be caused by the sticky stuff that is in between the protector and the screen. If there is a problem with the screen itself there is now way to repair it other than replacement.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Touch-ee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Do you have a screen protector on your device? If so those lines may be caused by the sticky stuff that is in between the protector and the screen. If there is a problem with the screen itself there is now way to repair it other than replacement.
No screen protector. Wow thats a drag....
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It's the LCD sreen , you can buy one from 40 to 60 $ and replace it . It's EZ if you need help let me know. Thanks T M Z
Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

I just noticed you have a gsm , I have a new sreen for one of those for $25.00

Thanks T M Z
Old 08-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Basically that's what I meant. You can't really repair the screen you have you have to replace it with a new one or get a new/different device.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Touch-ee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
I just noticed you have a gsm , I have a new sreen for one of those for $25.00

Thanks T M Z
How do I take the screen off? I see 3 screws on the back...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 PM
tmz
VIP Member

Look here this will help... Thanks T M Z

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/
Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Touch-ee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Look here this will help... Thanks T M Z

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_touch/
Great! Thanks. I might try taking it off and blowing it out well with air first. If that doesn’t make a difference then I will look into getting a new faceplate. I could still return it too; the guy I bought it from on eBay said he would send me a new one if I ship it back. I just don’t know if I want to go through the trouble or not.

It’s kind of funny, when I'm at home or outside I do not see the lines at all. I mean not even a little. But when I'm at work under florescent lights it is really noticeable. To bad I spend about 45 hours a week under those lights and use my phone a lot there....
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
tmz
VIP Member

Know problem , but there is nothing to blow out. I have put in 12 or so of them, that's the only way to fix it ... Thanks T M Z
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue