PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj
one rom versus another

good morning all, my issue lies multi faceted, anyone who can help is appreciated.

OS stock 6.1

last week my htc6900 started having an error (unable to load something.exe) i wisely asked a friend who has a pro and he advised to hard reset. after hard reset everything is very slow, rather annoying, to a point if i have more than one program running, it boggs down. i thought there may have been a patch from my carrier i lost when i hard reset. i have called my carriers tech-data support and they say 'hard reset will bring unit to our latest rom, there are no patches'.
my question, i have read many posts on the various roms available. i am looking for something quick. something that does not bog down when i have over 5 programs running. is there such a rom?

additionally
i do most of my work on a MAC. is there a way to do roms with a mac? most of the roms i have looked at have an .exe

thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2009, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work
Re: one rom versus another

Greating Fellow USCC user!

If you have not tried ANOTHER hard reset do so. Although they are suppose to completely clear and restore the phone, it seems from my reading and personal experience that THAT doesn't always seem to be the case. Sometimes multiple HARD resets seem to do the trick.
Also, if that doesn't seem to fix the issues, try re-flashing the rom with the Official 6.1 rom update from the HTC site.
If that also fails to fix the problem, then your gonna have to get brave, and read up on some of the UN-official roms created by the guys here, and give them a try.
Be forewarned: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE posting any of your questions. Most likely the question has already been asked, and the guys here tend to expect you to have done your homework.

USCC I've found to be rather good at Customer Service. If you do no want to flash to one of the ROMS here, take it in and see if they can resolve the problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Sprint

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

if you do end up flashing i recommend NFS latest as i just flashed it and its just plain SICK
Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue => Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

iDoc21 is just getting started

I'd second that recommendation for NFSFans Rom - fastest I've used and also leaves a ton of freed memory space

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue