PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
Sprint to Verizon... Crazy Bills

I have a Vogue I converted from Sprint to Verizon for a friend. I had a custom ROM on it at first for a few months that had no problems at all. Then I upgraded the ROM to another one that was carrier specific (verizon) a couple of months ago. I don't remember exactly which ROM I used, but ever since then my friend has been getting some crazy $500 to $600 bills from Verizon. It looks like his data is using his minutes causing him to go over every month even though he has unlimited data.

I'm not sure why its doing that or how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: Sprint to Verizon... Crazy Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
I have a Vogue I converted from Sprint to Verizon for a friend. I had a custom ROM on it at first for a few months that had no problems at all. Then I upgraded the ROM to another one that was carrier specific (verizon) a couple of months ago. I don't remember exactly which ROM I used, but ever since then my friend has been getting some crazy $500 to $600 bills from Verizon. It looks like his data is using his minutes causing him to go over every month even though he has unlimited data.

I'm not sure why its doing that or how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?
Does he use GPS? or anything with Phone as Modem related?
Old 06-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Is he tethering using Phone As Modem and he didn't add that service?
That would definitely do it.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I hope its not my ROMs
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

No he doesn't tether as far as I know. He showed me one of his bills and he has like 1 minute of usage every 5 mins or so. He had his email set to check every 5 mins, so that would explain the 1 min of useage every few minutes. He completely disabled the data connection for this month and got a normal bill.

He had "Phone As Modem" added to his account to see what his next month looks like. It would suck to have to have that on his account to use data on the phone. It almost sounds like his phone is making a data connection and it's showing up as "Phone As Modem" on Verizon's side.

I downloaded Whosdaman v1.1c WM6.1 Verizon ROM and will probably flash it to his phone after his next months bill to see if that make any difference. In the mean time, if anyone has any other thoughts about it let me know.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well, you will still need to pay for a Data Plan to access e-mail and internet. Also, you can definitly run up a huge bill texting if you don't have a texting plan.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah he has the regular data plan at first, but his data usage was using his talk minutes. I have no idea why it would do that.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I vaguely remember that for some people Verizon bills data #777 logins as minutes. That may be an issue on their side, but it may also be that the data dialing is misconfigured.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue