PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 02:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is 6.5 any faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
Compared to an app filed, bloated rom...yes.

Compared to a modest rom with only apps you use...no. I find 6.5 to be a little slower then my current rom and with that unorganized start menu/poorly thought out start menu. I say skip 6.5. There is nothing exciting about it. I don't even like it on the Touch Pro. At least 6.1 gave us gps. I'll wait till there is a must have 6.5 app before I go back to it.
there's a program called reSTART, it's over at xda, not sure if it's here on ppcgeeks. But it allows you to change the icons of programs/folders in the start menu and reorder the start menu.
I'm assuming you're running touchflo if it's slow.
that's the only people that have had a few complaints about the speed.
I hate touchflo and will never use manilla2d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
id say it is a tad faster with a custom rom, ive only had a few random freezes. i also don't use titanium, i use tf2d and it seems to work just as well as 6.1.
it's mad faster.
it's because you're using touchflo.
touchflo always slows down the phone.haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berardi1111 View Post
YOU THE MAN

this is the answer I was looking for.

OMJ rom IMHO is the PERFECT rom to use with this phone. I haven't crashed... ever with it. no bloat here.

Thanks a million for saving me the headache!
sounds to me that you were just looking for someone to agree with your point of view that you already created with such prejudice without even using a 6.5 rom. haha.
but honestly, I say wait if you haven't used 6.5 yet,
the official should be out soon, and ported over to the vogue.
not sure if it's out in the kitchen yet,
I haven't updated mine in a while, i've just been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
I like OMJ tf2d ROM.Days ago that ROM made me so excited,so I started to cook my own.Now Im trying to stop cooking and so far I just cant,its so addictive
haha, no joke.
I wish I hadn't started.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

berardi1111 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
sounds to me that you were just looking for someone to agree with your point of view that you already created with such prejudice without even using a 6.5 rom. haha.
but honestly, I say wait if you haven't used 6.5 yet,
the official should be out soon, and ported over to the vogue.
not sure if it's out in the kitchen yet,
I haven't updated mine in a while, i've just been busy.
It was the answer I was looking for lol
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Nobi125 is just getting started

I'm using NFSFAN's 6.5 rom. The speed difference between it and the 6.1 Sprint rom is like night and day.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

what about a clean 6.1 vs a clean 6.5?

has anyone used both?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I've used a clean 6.1 before.
It was still slower than nfsfan's 6.5 rom.
Maybe this weekend I'll run some benchmarking tests.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by berardi1111 View Post
what about a clean 6.1 vs a clean 6.5?

has anyone used both?
I did this test using ppck.the speed is the same,but in 6.5 calculator starts slower.but the calculator itself is way-way better then wm6.1

and 6.5 using about 5% more memory(when titanium is ON).I think its normal for titanium.+IE has buildin activex.no TCPMP needed anymore.
I would never go back to wm6.1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks guys I appreciate the input.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

I've ran 6.5 without Touchflo on several 6.5 roms. I hate the fu fu gui stuff, I turn it all off on every rom I run. It's just much easier to put short cut icons on the Today screen, every app I want is one click away. Why do you want the stuff anyway, got Iphone envy? Even when the Vogue was new, no one creamed themselves over it and no matter what you do to it, no one will.

It's not just reordering the start menu but when ever you go into a settings function more then one menu deep you can't go back, you have go back to the start menu.

There just isn't a compelling reason to make the switch. If it allowed for better video drivers, better bluetooth performance or better anything useful then great I'll make a permanent switch.

Anyone got a benchmark program to use? I'll be happy to run it on mine and then try NFSFAN's rom or which ever is the fastest. I'll do it loaded the way I like it and fresh after a hard reset. It's been a month or two since I've tried a 6.5 rom. Maybe they are better now. Maybe everyone could run the benchmark and post.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
I've ran 6.5 without Touchflo on several 6.5 roms. I hate the fu fu gui stuff, I turn it all off on every rom I run. It's just much easier to put short cut icons on the Today screen, every app I want is one click away. Why do you want the stuff anyway, got Iphone envy? Even when the Vogue was new, no one creamed themselves over it and no matter what you do to it, no one will.

It's not just reordering the start menu but when ever you go into a settings function more then one menu deep you can't go back, you have go back to the start menu.

There just isn't a compelling reason to make the switch. If it allowed for better video drivers, better bluetooth performance or better anything useful then great I'll make a permanent switch.

Anyone got a benchmark program to use? I'll be happy to run it on mine and then try NFSFAN's rom or which ever is the fastest. I'll do it loaded the way I like it and fresh after a hard reset. It's been a month or two since I've tried a 6.5 rom. Maybe they are better now. Maybe everyone could run the benchmark and post.
WM6.5 is 10 times better than one month ago. I believe it is up to 21234 now. since I flashed from 6.1 to 6.5 over 2 months ago I have never gone back and never will. and to make it even better I use the second today app so I can use gps toggle or what ever plugin that I want. and yes I am addicted to cooking my own ROMs too.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wizziko is just getting started

I flashed NSFAN's 6.5 ROM the other day and it is amazing how fast it is. Also the kinetic scrolling on 6.5 makes me not want to go back to 6.1 at all. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to get my texts restored from MyPhone but that seems to be a problem a lot of people are having

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue