PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Incoming number cut off

I have a user with a Vogue. Each time a call comes in, we get the following:

Resetting the device apparently remedies the problem for a short time. But she said it come back shortly. Her Vogue is stock. I've not updated it for her and she isn't bright enough to do so.

Help?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor
Re: Incoming number cut off

There was about this a long time ago...this happening to the Touch. I think they came up with the idea that it had something to do with the HTC Home application. Most people reported that soft-resetting would correct it, then it would come back. My recommendation would be to turn off the HTC Home from the today screen and see if it still happens... if it does, then try soft-reset with HTC Home still turned off and run with that for a while to see if it comes back. If it does come back with HTC Home off after a soft-reset then that isn't the culprit. If it doesn't come back with HTC Home off, I would change the version of HTC Home on the device to a different one. Also, the official WM6.1 upgrade may fix the problem too if you wanted to do that... Post back and let us know what happens, and if you need help installing a different version of HTC Home let us know. Good luck...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I actually do need help installing a different version of HTC home, if ya'll wouldn't mind. I don't want to re-flash the phone just yet if I don't have to.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I actually do need help installing a different version of HTC home, if ya'll wouldn't mind. I don't want to re-flash the phone just yet if I don't have to.
No problem at all... it's actually simple but can brick the phone so please back-up before trying... I'm almost 100% certain that following these steps to the T won't mess you up, but I would hate for you to lose any information and hate me forever...

On this thread in post #3 is instruction on how to install a new version of HTC Home (and configure custom city weather if you would like). If you not worried about the weather part, just follow steps 1-6 as listed. The last few steps are simple too though, and gives you local city weather. Post back and let me know how it goes...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Sweet. Thanks much.

I'm not worried about data so don't sweat it. I've got our phones on an Exchange Server. We're backed up baby!

Thanks again. I'll report back in about a week. The office this user is in, is 40 miles from my home office. I'll go back some time next week.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

So I got her a new phone. This one is running WinMo 6.1. Everything has been fine for a week. Then today it started again. The same damned thing. What in the hell?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what have you installed..?? Some programs/skins/dialer skins could cause this, anytime you are having issue's like this it is easy to just troubleshoot...
Old 03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

That's the problem. She's not a power user. She's installed nothing. It's got the stock ROM with nothing added. And just so I don't look like a jackass later in this conversation, I just verified, there is nothing installed. It's totally stock.

Even with the new OS, the incoming call looks exactly as it does in the first pic in this post.

I tried closing all running programs to no avail. Tried it with the unit locked, and unlocked.

I'm stumped.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

hahahaa. Yeah. You all are badasses until you find out it's stock, huh? I don't feel so bad now.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

spamftw is just getting started

Have you increased the font size... this happens on my phone quite often. Im not sure its the problem, just know thats something that could cause this sort of problem
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue