PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamnon
Carrier: Alltel

LukeB777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insurance Claim

Accidently got my touch wet and now its got issues. Wondering if anyone has recently filed an insurance claim on a Touch for alltel? Do you get a refurb or do they upgrade you to the Diamond? I dont want to pay the deductable if they are just going to give me a refurb.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Insurance Claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB777 View Post
Accidently got my touch wet and now its got issues. Wondering if anyone has recently filed an insurance claim on a Touch for alltel? Do you get a refurb or do they upgrade you to the Diamond? I dont want to pay the deductable if they are just going to give me a refurb.

Thanks!
It can be luck of the draw sometimes, best thing to do is to start a claim and then stop it if they give you a model you don't want. This thread here is someone that got a diamond for a touch.

You can file a claim online here and stop before you pay.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Thanks!
Haha just happened to me! Except my touch got stolen. I called up Asurion and the monday afterwards i recieved my BRAND NEW Diamond! They said they no longer make the 6900, so you would almost definitely get the diamond. I had to pay $95 deductable for it, but a brand new diamond for 95 bucks ill take it. Go for it man

Last edited by Leukay; 04-11-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
Haha just happened to me! Except my touch got stolen. I called up Asurion and the monday afterwards i recieved my BRAND NEW Diamond! They said they no longer make the 6900, so you would almost definitely get the diamond. I had to pay $95 deductable for it, but a brand new diamond for 95 bucks ill take it. Go for it man
You could tell them that you need a microsd option (like in vogue),that you have important documents stored "in your 8 Gb storage card"and they would offer you a TP.

Last edited by vin255764; 04-12-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 8330m

emaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
You could tell them that you need a microsd option (like in vogue),that you have important documents stored "in your 8 Gb storage card"and they would offer you a TP.
lol thats what I did and it works like a charm
Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamnon
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

LukeB777 is a n00b

So I called Asurion and they filed my claim and had me go to the Alltel store to put up a replacement. The guy at the store came back with a box and said he had an up grade for me because they didnt have any touches in stock. He opens the box and pulls out a 6800! I was like uhhhh thats not an upgrade. I had one of those bricks and hated it. He told me to call Asurion and they told me they couldnt replace the touch because they are no longer made and that I should take the 6800. I told them in a very stern way what I thought of the 6800. They said if they mailed me a phone it may be an upgrade to the Diamond but I would have to cross my fingers that when they put it through that it would be the Diamond. I said sure and sure enough it came back a damond. Didnt want to press for a TP since it was a pain in the *** just to get the diamond but at least I didnt have to pay 95 bucks for a big black brick!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
So I called Asurion and they filed my claim and had me go to the Alltel store to put up a replacement. The guy at the store came back with a box and said he had an up grade for me because they didnt have any touches in stock. He opens the box and pulls out a 6800! I was like uhhhh thats not an upgrade. I had one of those bricks and hated it. He told me to call Asurion and they told me they couldnt replace the touch because they are no longer made and that I should take the 6800. I told them in a very stern way what I thought of the 6800. They said if they mailed me a phone it may be an upgrade to the Diamond but I would have to cross my fingers that when they put it through that it would be the Diamond. I said sure and sure enough it came back a damond. Didnt want to press for a TP since it was a pain in the *** just to get the diamond but at least I didnt have to pay 95 bucks for a big black brick!

Wow. I can't believe they tried to screw you like that. Lol...an upgrade. You should've hit him in the head with it.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

TrickerTreater is a n00b

I just had to get my Alltel Touch replaced. They sent me a refurb Touch. I had contacted UCStarcom and they told me to call Alltel.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue