PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC In Call Recording (HTC ICR) - QVGA!

Finally came across a QVGA version of HTC ICR and it installs and doesn't freeze the phone like other VGA versions I have tried. But for some reason when I click start recording in call the phone doesn't do anything. I'm trying to figure out if it is just my ROM, or something else. I'm running NSFFAN 1.28 Bell. Can someone else try it out and report back?

Here's the QVGA file:

http://anonym.to/?http://rapidshare....08/ICRQVGA.cab

Here's the instructions:

1. Install the ICRQVGA cab to your device memory and do the soft reset after.
DONT INSTALL ANY SECONDARY RECORDING PROGRAM YET!!
2. When the phone restarts make a test call to your customer services line or an automated line, when it picks up goto the dialer menu in the bottom right corner and click start rescording. If you dont see the Start Recording option then come out and just install ICRQVGA again (that fixed it for me).
3. When you select start recording AFTER a call has been established then you should see a red circle in the call screen next to the persons name.
4. Let it record for about 15 seconds and then go back into the dialer menu and select stop recording. The red circle in the screen will then disapear and you can end the call (after I ended the call I heard 2 beeps which are linked to ICR).
5. Goto Start, Programs, ICR and you should see the call you just made in the list.
6. Click on the Recording to start playing it and make sure it recorded the incoming part of the call.
7. If it worked you can just leave it at that and use ICR to record your conversations as it works just fine by itself (you just need to start recording manually from the phone menu after the call has been established). The are options in ICR to record in AMR or WAV format and to record to the device or Storage Card (it saves the file to My Documents, Recording).
Alternatively you can then install a secondary recording program such as Resco Audio Recorder or Vito Audio Notes (standard or touch version), then set the option for auto record to capture all conversations.

I can say that it works fine with all the Vito versions, I always used to have trouble with Resco Recorder as it used to freeze my phone up so I would tend to recommend Vito Audio Notes. A secondary program is ONLY needed if you want to Auto Record Conversations or if you want to record in mp3 format (as ICR doesnt support this).
Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

aspalaasn is just getting started
Re: HTC In Call Recording (HTC ICR) - QVGA!

tried that a while back, as well as following the other threads in xda. i don't know if it's possible. I hope we can have it too. I build my own rom using ppckitchen.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i also am on NFSFAN's rom, newest sprint. tried the icrqvga cab you provided in post 1. i can go into the programs and start icr w/ no problem. but on the other hand while in a call, i do see the start recording in menu, but once i hit it it doesnt do anything.

i actually just got this working on my girlfriends diamond. she has stock rom, sprint. i download the xda diamond dialer 2.03.cab, icr 51spsoftcom.cab (which lets it show up in the dial pad menu while in a call, like it is on my vogue after downloading the icr cab,) but on her diamond it didnt do anything until i unzip/overwrite in windows this file, voAMRNBenc.dll.

so w/ that being said i think we might be missing more file to make this work.
like i say on the diamond it did the same thing as my vogue is, but it only started working after i overwrite that file to windows.

what thread were you reading for this qvga version of icr, i would like to read that same thread if you would post it.

thanks
Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Here I've located the original thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88#post3409288

Specifically this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=19

man I'd love this to work. On NFSFAN's 1.29 rom when I try to install it now it says insufficient system permissions and fails to install.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Here I've located the original thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88#post3409288

Specifically this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=19

man I'd love this to work. On NFSFAN's 1.29 rom when I try to install it now it says insufficient system permissions and fails to install.
Have you tried rebooting, then installing again?

Simple as it sounds, it works in some cases where you get permission errors on a cab install.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue