PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If I edit a ROM is it wrong?
YES! The Chef made it that way. He worked hard! 4 4.88%
NO! The Chef did a great job. You just like differnt Cabs. 22 26.83%
I don't care...Just don't call it your own work. 44 53.66%
Your stressing to much over this... 12 14.63%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Can I remove or add cab files to ROM?

There is a ROM I love...(WDM v1.6)...and I would love to edit this ROM. I would like to add files and remove files from it. And maybe take files from another ROM. Is there a way to do this?

P.S. I DO NOT want to repack somebody's hard work as my own. I just want to customize a little more. Thank you...and remember THANKS BUTTON for all that help!!!

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Can I remove or add cab files to ROM?

there is no simple answear to this question.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25529
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:37 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

If I remember correctly, wdm uses rom protection on his rom so you can't decompile it. He will deny it, but he does...

I don't know why chef's protect their roms, insecure about who's OEM's they used I guess. All of my roms never have protection and my OEM's are always available, just ASK!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-21-2009 at 06:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

by putting a custom Rom on your device your trying to better suite it to fit you, so it would only be natural to go even further and add an take away stuff that you may or may not need to further make it customized to your liking. its not saying anything bad bout the cooks somtimes you have to compliment their work by adding your own "Garneshes into their dishes" IMHO
Old 02-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnogamer View Post
There is a ROM I love...(WDM v1.6)...and I would love to edit this ROM. I would like to add files and remove files from it. And maybe take files from another ROM. Is there a way to do this?
Adding is easy, removing is more difficult. The easiest way to add, however, is to not remake the rom but to use .cabs or nuepackageinstaller.
Quote:
P.S. I DO NOT want to repack somebody's hard work as my own. I just want to customize a little more.
Of course you do. "Customizing a little more" = repacking. Nothing wrong with it. Until you start publishing it and calling it your own, anyway.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I don't know why chef's protect their roms, insecure about who's OEM's they used I guess. All of my roms never have protection and my OEM's are always available, just ASK!
It's because of morons like NFSfan who steal and don't give credit. Or other morons like NFSfan who see this as a money making opportunity and are afraid of losing their customer base. Or yet still other morons like NFSfan who don't play well with others. Or maybe it's because some morons like NFSfan think it makes them 1337.

...when you hear people say it makes the rom a teeny bit faster, that's true. It's also true you can achieve the same performance gain without being a dillweed.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnogamer View Post

P.S. I DO NOT want to repack somebody's hard work as my own. I just want to customize a little more. Thank you...and remember THANKS BUTTON for all that help!!!
I wish i could do the same with WhosDamans rom too. It's a great rom, probably the best I have used on the touch but really wish I could alter it. Do you want the 1.6 clean edition. I have that if your looking for it. That way you can add to it. I have 1.5 clean and full too. let me know
Old 02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Again....I do not protect my roms, I use PPCKitchen for my ROM's and they put protection on it themseleves.....they might not anymore, but when I made those roms it put protection on it and I had no idea of it....
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Again....I do not protect my roms, I use PPCKitchen for my ROM's and they put protection on it themseleves.....they might not anymore, but when I made those roms it put protection on it and I had no idea of it....
I cannot decomplite my own ROM (nbh file)either LOL
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Well tell me, I put up v2.0, can anyone dump it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue