PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

justpjteb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to this. I have the xv6900 for verizon, what do i have to do to get gps on it?

So i have read a few places about having a gps software on this unit. I am actually trying to figure out if I should get rid of this phone and get a new one, or get a gps unit or just switch to att and get the iphone... If someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New to this. I have the xv6900 for verizon, what do i have to do to get gps on it

If your intentions are to switch...There is really n point in trying to talk you out of it tae a look at this for enabling GPS http://arianhojat.com/files/phone/vx...ustom_rom.html

Or http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Last edited by hooover; 01-21-2009 at 12:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

dang is a n00b
Re: New to this. I have the xv6900 for verizon, what do i have to do to get gps on it

Start by searching. Mostly folks will ignore you if you don't look around and at least try to learn what those before you have done. Most anything is tolerated here except laziness, this is a motivated group and they expect you to be as well. That said, there is a ROM for Verizon in the "upgrades" section which will enable your GPS if you do a few things before allowing it to update your phone and a few things after. I am just a user and I was able to follow the directions to upgrade my VZW 6900 in about an hour to a fully GPSed, stable platform with better performance and longer battery life than as shipped by the carrier.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: thc touch

b1v2r is a n00b

I've tried following all these directions several times... seems simple and straight forward to me but somehow I am unable to get the GPS to work... any idea where I could be going wrong???
Old 01-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

go here and follow this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53561&page=2 it works good even if I hard reset it takes about only 10 minutes to get my GPS up and functioning.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b

b1v2r is a n00b

:/ clueless... I've gone though each step... still not working... ???
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

need more info about your device. Radio, carrier, Rom ect and what you did so far
Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
N00b

b1v2r is a n00b

Sprint 6900 on Verizon network
Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31
RUU_Vogue_BM_WWE_3.09.666.1_Radio3.42.50_Ship
OMJ 3.09 costume Manilla
dcd_Verizon_Carrier_20081031
DUM10
PRL 51143
GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24
Tried:
GC Verizon aGPS
lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2
PPST1.46
HTC_GPS_Tool_1[1].2.2.11vga
And all directions associated with each of these cabs (QPST and reg edits)

does this shed any light on the challenge?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

It sees like you have everything in order. for my phone I had to do the agpsfix with qpst first then the lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2 before mine would work and it initially took about 2 minutes to get a lock but after that it was fast with lots of locks. I use GPStoggle instead of GPStool because it is easier to use. also my ROM is 3.08 because I built my own ROM and PRL 51064 don't know if that is maybe why this way works on mine and not on yours. thats all I have if anybody has anything that would help feel free post it.

Last edited by jtuite; 01-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Make sure your GPS is set to com4 and your location is on as silly as it sounds these are the leading errors in making your GPS work if you still have peoblems pm me I'll try to help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue