PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoc01 View Post
Contacts are stored in a file called "pim.vol" in the main device folder.
Peace, Pdoc...but i cudn't find that particular folder, either on desktop copy or in device????? now i seen that folder with activesync(my computer at work runs XP) but not on MDC.....
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
Peace, Pdoc...but i cudn't find that particular folder, either on desktop copy or in device????? now i seen that folder with activesync(my computer at work runs XP) but not on MDC.....
What's good Skee? It's not a folder. It's just a file. You just have to click on "My Device" and look below all of the folders. I've done it on my Touch Pro and my Mogul (both running WM6.1). I can see it with the stock file explorer and even from my computer using Activesync.

If you found this useful, hit the "Thanks" button.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You're absolutely right....with activesync...where does one find that particular PimVol, file in WMDC?????
Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

bryn987 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
PIMbackup is a good program
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 AM
VIP Member

downloaded PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip, thats the file, yes?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
downloaded PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip, thats the file, yes?
Here you go bro...This is all i use and it works great!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip (168.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

yea, i found it wit a google search, but im good now

but no idea where in WMDC or Vista those contacts can be found??

Last edited by skeegcpp; 12-30-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah after I posted that i saw you said downloadED, not download..Figured someone else could use it hehe.. The file contacts are saved to is called pim.vol and its located right in the main folder on your phone..From your computer go to My Computer, go into your phone. You will see "/" and "Storage Card". Double click "/" and you will see the file there..
Old 12-30-2008, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Nawh, it's all good, that's what we supposed to do. but i have "PalmVol" and "PIM" by itself..but nothing will open in Vista or on the handset????

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-06-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 AM
VIP Member

Its the "pim" file...Your computer is set to hide file extentions. Thats why you're not seeing the ".vol". You cant open the file though, thats just the file your phone will store your contacts. So if you didnt want to use PIMbackup you could just make a copy of that file.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue