PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
lip
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

lip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manilla cab+ inst.

Hi,
Question:
1. Can someone provide me a link or inst. on a manilla cab for vogue. All I can find is on XDA which is fine but it states you have to disable the cube and something else but doesn't state how to do this.

Thanks.
LIP
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Manilla cab+ inst.

You don't have to disable the cube to install manila2d its a .cab you place in my documents via active sync then you click on it twice it in stalls itself...
Old 12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Sulten is just getting started

i have download update 20 and there are 1-8 i think all you do is start with 1 and keep going. there is a manilla test file that is the .cab file for manilla.

if you look at xda there is a way to disable the cube. all you do is replace 3 files you place under the windows folder.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well isn't that just lovely

Last edited by hooover; 12-06-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

stogchris81 is just getting started

the newest update of manilla does require you to disable the cube. the easiest way to do that is install all the cabs(enchasements, audiomanager, fsp, album,taskmanager, googlemaps, opera, youtube) except m2d. download and install mem maid. you can find it in thee stickies in the software thread under commonly requested apps. open mem maid. at the bottom the soft key will say "jump to" click it, click process, and then "running processes". highlight biotouch.exe and click "terminate". then install the final m2d cab named simply, "m2d". that is a lot easier then installing and overwriting files in windows folder. (in my opinion.)
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogchris81 View Post
the newest update of manilla does require you to disable the cube. the easiest way to do that is install all the cabs(enchasements, audiomanager, fsp, album,taskmanager, googlemaps, opera, youtube) except m2d. download and install mem maid. you can find it in thee stickies in the software thread under commonly requested apps. open mem maid. at the bottom the soft key will say "jump to" click it, click process, and then "running processes". highlight biotouch.exe and click "terminate". then install the final m2d cab named simply, "m2d". that is a lot easier then installing and overwriting files in windows folder. (in my opinion.)
The link to the latest manilla?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

stogchris81 is right you d have to disabable the cube by disableing the biotouch.exe... you can use his method, or advance configuration tool to disable it... and as far as a cab... just type it into the search engine here or at xda or at smarthonejunkie, or on google... even on freeware pocket pc... its everywhere...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:19 PM
lip
N00b
Threadstarter

lip is a n00b

Hi guys,
I installed this last night...everything seemed ok but now I get error messages when I boot up the phone...manilla still starts after cancelling the messages but now for some reason I cannot uninstall the program as I can't get into the settings menu for the phone (the phone freezes).
Anyone know a manual way to uninstal this?

LIP
Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

you can try to use sktools if you have it...

as far as the error, did you kill the biotouch.exe (cube)... ; before you ran the manilla 2d... that may be the problem...
I believe you can start it again after the program running, but you have to stop it when your installing/launching it.

Also when your trying to remove it from settings>remove programs
make sure you uncheck touchflo in your today screen plugin list first... that might also be the problem when trying to remove it
Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 PM
lip
N00b
Threadstarter

lip is a n00b

Hi,
I killed biotouch with the recommendations above before the installation of the m2d file.

The problem is I can't even get into the settings on the phone now. I would like to uninstall manilla with the idea that this is what is causing my problem with not being able to get into settings...When I try to access settings to get to the uninstall option, it freezes...I can't get into anything in settings.

That program...sktools, is it for uninstalling things?

LIP
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue