PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

thegreatpjdj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry HTC Touch Freezing from IMAP?

So, I've had this issue for a while - can't really find any answer. My girlfriend and I both have Touchs. I got mine used, her's is new. Flashed them both with the latest ROM from Sprint. Without installing anything else, I added my Gmail account via IMAP and set it to check my mail every 5 minutes. I then noticed my phone would freeze randomly, so I thought I had a bum phone. I sold off mine and got a refurbished one. Again, same problem. I changed the mail checker to manual and I noticed that maybe 6/10 times there was no problem, but roughly 4/10 times the phone would get sluggish for a few minutes and eventually freeze. This doesn't seem to happen to my other IMAP clients - just gMail.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

ibcnunhell is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Freezing from IMAP?

I'm having the same problem, anybody find a fix?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor

first of all u are killing ur battery that way get rid of that method install seven beta and you can have as many accounts as u wish of any kind. I am the original poster on seven and i have been using it for over a year. It delivers mail 99.9% of the time as fast as my wifes blackberry. My battery is at 50% by 5p.m. Good Luck
www.seven.com
Old 09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

The reason you are having so much trouble is because you have your device set to send/recieve email so often. Set it to auto send recieve every hour or more then you won't have so many freezes. It is freezing because you are probably using an app that requires data and while you are trying to do something your device is trying to send/recieve email and things slow to a crawl.If you want to check your email more often check it manually.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker

ibcnunhell is a n00b

Even when i changed the frequency to every hour it was still freezing occasionally when trying to download messages. i will try changing it to manual, thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I highly recommend an app called cleanRam to use on your Vogue to help reset things, cleanup, and keep several things running smoothly. I recommend setting it on level 2 and running it when your device is running slow. It seems to help a lot and saves battery and time by resetting things without doing a soft reset. I still think you should do a soft reset once a day in the morning but cleanRam is very handy when things are not running right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker

ibcnunhell is a n00b

thanks, i'll give cleanram a try.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue