PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Lurker

snowds is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Be careful buying new housing

I bought this new housing for my Verizon 6900: http://www.gsm4world.us/shop/touch-s...ng-p-1731.html

It looks like it is exactly the same until one tries to move the ear speaker over. The new black housing is just slightly different in where the mounting pins are placed for the ear speaker, making it impossible to install the ear speaker (see pictures). The pins are also not the same distance apart, so you can't just put the speaker in upside down (speaker pictured above white housing). HTC must have made the slight change as they went from Sprint to Verizon, I guess. Bummer, I really want to ditch the white housing.

Anybody else experience this issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0630.JPG (24.9 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Be careful buying new housing

Nope I did this transformation just over 2 months ago and well the difference between Sprint and Verizon oem housing is this issue that you are having...I have a spare speaker that will fit inside of there if you need it pm me will get specifics out of the way all free just to help out a fellow ppcGeeks member>>>OK!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snowds is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Nope I did this transformation just over 2 months ago and well the difference between Sprint and Verizon oem housing is this issue that you are having...I have a spare speaker that will fit inside of there if you need it pm me will get specifics out of the way all free just to help out a fellow ppcGeeks member>>>OK!
Hooov, now that I look closer, there are other subtle differences in the housings such as the loud speaker being in a slightly different location on the battery cover. Here's what's really bizarre: When I first got my Verizon phone a couple of months ago, I was annoyed because it was slippery. So I dropped by the Sprint store to get one of their battery covers, because Sprint's battery covers are rubberized, and the Sprint battery cover fit my Verizon phone perfectly. But the battery cover that came with this new housing is slightly different from the one that I picked up from the Sprint store, and will not fit my Verizon phone (and I presume would not fit the Sprint phone from which my Sprint battery cover came from). Hmm. So now I'm wondering: are there two slightly different versions of the Sprint Vogue; an older one, and maybe a newer one?

I appreciate the offer for the ear speaker. I would hate to put you through the trouble just to find that my phone core is not going to line up right in the new housing, so I'll sort this out before I hit you up for the speaker.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Completely understandable about the speaker, now here is the version that I used :http://www.gsm4world.us/shop/touch-c...er-p-1955.html

fit like a glove and everything went where it was supposed too I have a Sprint phone BTW...Does the case you bought have the VZW logo on it?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snowds is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Completely understandable about the speaker, now here is the version that I used :http://www.gsm4world.us/shop/touch-c...er-p-1955.html

fit like a glove and everything went where it was supposed too I have a Sprint phone BTW...Does the case you bought have the VZW logo on it?
Hoove, see this pic. The battery cover on the right is the one I just received. The one on the left is the one that I picked up at Sprint, and it fits my Verizon phone fine. Note on the Sprint cover on the left that the camera mirror is slightly offset from the camera hole. On the battery cover on the right, the mirror is vertically aligned to the camera hole, and the speaker hole is in a slightly different location. Which one does your battery cover look like? I'm wondering if they sent me a GSM version? The housing I bought has the HTC logo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0635.JPG (602.2 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snowds is a n00b

Ok, after looking at some GSM battery covers for the Vogue, it looks like they messed up my order and sent me a GSM version of the housing. Amazing how similar they are. I think I need to spend more time at the bar playing that video game where you compare two pictures and find the differences. Looks like I got Punk'd.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Chillin'

Cover on the right is gsm version for sure, talk to their customer support seee if they will help you...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Wow that is crazy how it's so simular but just different enough not to work. I was going to a buy a plastic cover so my Verizon XV6800 but the Verizon buttons are different so it won't fit, even though they are advertised for it.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

snowds is a n00b

Customer service exchanging with no complaint, but it has to go all the way to Hong Kong from Tennessee, and back. Bummer.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue