PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mikeh32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to make my phone not work...

umm. i just have nothing but issue. i get my free upgrade in january. i have a **** load of issues with this phone. it can not be physical damage!!! i have broken 6 already. im a field engineer and i like to do extreme sports. so they said no more. so it has to just fail. i could care less if i get an upgrade, though it would be nice.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh32 View Post
umm. i just have nothing but issue. i get my free upgrade in january. i have a **** load of issues with this phone. it can not be physical damage!!! i have broken 6 already. im a field engineer and i like to do extreme sports. so they said no more. so it has to just fail. i could care less if i get an upgrade, though it would be nice.
Quote:
i just have nothing but issue
Quote:
i get my free upgrade in january
Quote:
i have broken 6 already
Quote:
i like to do extreme sports
1. Learn how to use and mod your phone and you wont have "issues".

2. Why dont you just want till January? Its only a couple weeks away.

3. Maybe you should get a rugged Powervision/Nextel phone then?

4. Leave your phone in your car or bag then and not in your pocket.

I say this quote alot and I am not going to get tired of saying it ..

*Cap locks on* TEP IS NOT AN UPGRADE PROGRAM! *Cap locks off*

Have a nice night

Kthnxbai

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikeh32 is a n00b

im leaving for work, and will not be home for 3 months. i have the insurance from the actual store. its not TEP.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

I bricked my last 6800 on purpose, it took about 2 hours to get it stuck on the bootloader screen. I think I loaded an older radio and then a ROM that was only compatible with a newer radio.

Sorry, it was about 3 months ago. Thats a long time when I'm flashing new ROMs weekly (sometimes daily).
Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
im leaving for work, and will not be home for 3 months. i have the insurance from the actual store. its not TEP.
1. Well start with a clean rom, if its not physical damage then start with a clean 6.1 rom with nothing added.

2. Insurance from a corporate repair center = TEP .. What they use to "diagnose and fix" your phone in the store is ESRP which is part of TEP.

Trust me, I know what im talking about Mike.

Just do a hard reset and just start with a bare 6.1 rom.

And if you'll be away from home what's keeping you from finding a corporate repair center near your workplace? If you are getting a "free upgrade" then why dont you find another store or call Customer Service and have them "upgrade" you then send the phone to your location. Who cares if you are not at home. Tell them how you are away from work and they'll consider sending it to you to where you are.

Have a nice night!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikeh32 is a n00b

its a local sprint chain out here. thats who my policy is through.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Any physical damage done by yourself/lost/stolen requires you to call Asurion and pay a $50 replacement fee and 99% likely just get a regular Touch replacement.

Wonder if there is a simple way to mess up one or more of the buttons to make it seem defective so they'll have no choice but to replace it with the diamond. I don't want to take the chance and find out that I would have to call Asurion.

If anyone have a better idea, let me know. I too would like to upgrade to the diamond.
NO 50 REPLACMENT COST , IV DONE IT MANY TIMES CALL IN AND THEY WILL REPLACE ITS NOT SPRINT THAT COVERS IT ....

AND SIMPLY SAID YOU HAVE MONEYS AVAILABLE TO UPGRADE USE IT GET YOUR PHONE , EVEN DONT HAVE TO BREAK YOUR CURRENT ONE TO UPGRADE . THIS IS FUNNY DUMB NE WAY

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 11-24-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
its a local sprint chain out here. thats who my policy is through.
So local Sprint chain = 3rd party store correct?

And could you give us more details to your "policy"?

I've had workers from UAWs, GM, Ford, Hospitals, and other coporate companies that do not have their own "policy" to get their phones replaced/fixed.

They go to a corporate Sprint store and use their TEP in store like regular customers. Even if they do not pay for insurance or their rate plan.

So could you post and give us details to what your "policy" is Mike?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikeh32 is a n00b

yeah, i can get it. im not going to post all the details, as ive seen what people like to do on the internet. but we have sprint repair stores that offer there own policy. its not through sprint, or assurion. i payed 100 bucks for 3 years. this included repairs, and i pay 25 bucks for a new phone.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
im looking to either brick my phone, or some how just make the phone feature not work...im hoping to be able to get a diamond.
This is the exact reason that the rest of us have so much trouble when we have a legitimate issue. Not to mention it is also why our rates go up and we have to pay $50 for a legit replacement.

I hope you realize that the rest of us are basically paying for your new phone. Enjoy it!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue