PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb
Nimbuzz & Skype

Anyone get the nimbuzz audio through the earpeice on a touch?
I know soneone with a Pro has it working through the earpaice.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=17
Seems like no one other than a fella with a Mogul has Skype working through the earpeice.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13

Nimbuzz works ok for me but seems a little unstable, contacts are listed as online but are not actually and vice versa.
Skype is a big deal for me so I may be considering abandoning nimbuzz on my touch and going to a Pro if the latest version of skype works real well on it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Nimbuzz & Skype

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
Anyone get the nimbuzz audio through the earpeice on a touch?
I know soneone with a Pro has it working through the earpaice.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=17
Seems like no one other than a fella with a Mogul has Skype working through the earpeice.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13

Nimbuzz works ok for me but seems a little unstable, contacts are listed as online but are not actually and vice versa.
Skype is a big deal for me so I may be considering abandoning nimbuzz on my touch and going to a Pro if the latest version of skype works real well on it.
I was the original poster in that thread you referenced. I have also had problems with Skype...no matter what phone i used, and no matter what application (skype itself, fring, nimbuzz)...I have never gotten it to work through the earpiece on either a motoq, a mogul, a touch, or my new touch pro. The only thing i have found to make skype calls come through the earpeice is IM+ Skype. The reason it works is because it used Skype credit for all calls (even to another skype user) and it will use your cell phone service to connect the call. Its strange, and I didnt like it because I dont really want skype credits. I want to be able to talk to skype users for free.

So...the best I can come up with on my Pro is using either Skype itself with a headset, or Nimbuzz or Fring with a headset. All three work pretty well...even over RevA, and I have had clear conversations on all of them. The only thing is....you have to use a headset or your speaker.

If someone finds a way to use Skype through the earpiece without using Skype in/out credits, please PM me. I would be VERY interested.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

rcelegans is a n00b
Re: Nimbuzz & Skype

Hello DaPeeps,
Did you get the microphone to work using Fring with your HTC touch? I think Fring is a really nice application except for the fact that I can't get the microphone to work (i.e can hear call but they can't hear me).

Cheers!

ian
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue