PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

zambezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900 Verizon... How do I get Bluetooth DUN and GPS?

Im new to the PPC scene. I can follow directions and I have flashed my old phones multiple times but they were not PPC phones.

I like the skins and apps that are loaded with the Verizon version. I got the USB dun working fine just cant get teh Bluetooth to work. Also hate the fact that the GPS is not acctive. If i install the newer rom updates.. how much would it change the phone? I realy like the GUI on it now. I just want to get those two enabled.

Also I have read that the GPS is not very stable and it requires frequent reset. Is that true?

Anyway. here is what is loaded on it now.:

ROM Version: 1.15.605.14
ROM Date: 03/10/08
Radio Version: 1.60.30
Protocol Ver: ACAAAAM-4070
Hardware Ver: 0001
PRL Version: 51101
PRI Version: 1.37_002
Model no.: VOGU100
Platform: PocketPC

Is there anyway to backup the entire phone In case I want to go back... ?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work
Re: XV6900 Verizon... How do I get Bluetooth DUN and GPS?

First off to get Rev. A and GPS/agps you have to update your rom radio to 3.xx.xx Before you would have to upgrade and flash a custom rom for verizon.. but as of a few days ago theres a leaked VZW upgrade floating around in this forum.. You could try installing that... it should enable gps.. maybe agps (I havent tired it..) Or you could go the root of unlocking your phone and flashing a custom rom, theres plenty of nice roms floating around this forum too.

As for backing everything up... You could downgrade the radio but why would you want to? :P Before you do any flashing backup everything.. a good app is Pim backup(google) its' free.

Sorry if this post isn't that informative... hopefully this thread will be: http://www.ppchaven.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4 you'll have to register to view it..
Also after you upgrade your radio you gotta do this aGPS fix for vzw to get quick locks:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

edit: Did you try using BTPan w/ ICS?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zambezy is a n00b

Yeah Im sorry I did a bunch of research and got it done already just paching it up now.

well after few hours of research and bashing my head This is what I learned I hope it helps someone.

I had troble updating the phone it would not read off my MicroSD card... I got the Phone unlocked and that was easy but flashing the radio was diferent than the guide that I fond. I think it is easyer to flash it with the EXE file than using the card trick. It droped the connection once but I followed the instructions step by step and it got it back. I have to say it is confusing on what programs to use but the process it not that hard.

I ran into problems with Networks authentification.
Just reprogram it (*228, opt 1 and then after reset option 2, You may have to do opt 3 and repeat the one and two) few times.

If you run into problems with aquiring signal let it sit until it lock on. call verizon and have them reauthenticate the phone and give it few hours so the network gets updated and remove and install the battery few times and it should be ok.

GPS is working I got my programs reinstalled. It works ok lock in 1-2 min... not to bad... considering it didnt have any gps before I cant complain. After the quick GPS it locks in 30 sec... If anyone is having problems with this make sure you get the HTC Quick GPS... and just be patient.

Got the MMS working. do a search for verizon arcsoft. Its different interface but it works. Make sure you go over the setings. My server conection was not set properly and it would not work...

All my programs are back on it... contacts and all.

I HATE THE FACTORY GREEN THEME... Where can I find the stock HTC Black theme.

The other question Im missing the bar that stays under the clock and it has the phone shirtcut on it I realy liked that bar... how do I get it back.

I still cant get the BT PAN network to work but Im sure its just my settings. I will figure it out.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zambezy is a n00b

sorry for my spelling
Old 11-09-2008, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

What rom did you flash to?
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix << did you do this? you'll get quick locks w/o the need to prime.

Also if your into Manilla 2D, check out WDM's rom. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924 its good and fast and has nifty apps. (custom)

Last edited by liquidi3ladz; 11-09-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zambezy is a n00b

no i just used the bare OMJ rom and loaded my apps after that...

The GPS take a little while but it works... that is all I care. Its better than not having one at all... =)

Last edited by zambezy; 11-11-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue