PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Free Wi-Fi on the XV6900?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
The problem is you do have to....Thats the crappy part with Verizon....Im pretty sure the sprint Touch has wifi but Verizon took it out to force you on their package. Bastards lol.

Also these days a data plan is pretty much required.
HTC Touch does not have wifi. It doesn't matter what carrier your touch is from. If you want wifi enabled phone then buy another phone.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse View Post
HTC Touch does not have wifi. It doesn't matter what carrier your touch is from. If you want wifi enabled phone then buy another phone.
Alright thanks man wasn't sure on that.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

kr4zyc1d is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kr4zyc1d

Any updates on using the SDW-823 on the Verizon XV6900? I bought the card myself, and have emailed Spectec for help but I have received nothing. And after googling nearly every page about the topic I still cannot find any solutions. Does anyone have anything?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Free Wi-Fi on the XV6900?

Quote:
Originally Posted by negsa View Post
Hi. I'm new here.

Umm, I was just wondering if there was a way of accessing wi-fi internet for free on Verizon's XV6900.

Oh and if so, please try to explain it to me in the easiest possible term for n00bs. lol

I didn't see anyone mention this, so forgive if I missed anything in this thread; however, I think the point of your question was to be able to access internet untethered by cables. If you do a USB Sync, you can connect to the internet, but that significantly diminishes your ability to access idrudgereport.com while occupied on the throne. I know, tmi.

Anyway, to connect through ActiveSync on XP, Vista, etc., wirelessly, simply do so via Bluetooth connection.

For a step-by-step in doing this, check out this link: http://www.smartdevicefreeware.com/h...ing-bluetooth/

Granted, this is with an XP box. Here's an exhaustive step-by-step for Vista for connecting your mobile device that includes using Bluetooth: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Question Re: Free Wi-Fi on the XV6900?

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
I didn't see anyone mention this, so forgive if I missed anything in this thread; however, I think the point of your question was to be able to access internet untethered by cables. If you do a USB Sync, you can connect to the internet, but that significantly diminishes your ability to access idrudgereport.com while occupied on the throne. I know, tmi.

Anyway, to connect through ActiveSync on XP, Vista, etc., wirelessly, simply do so via Bluetooth connection.

For a step-by-step in doing this, check out this link: http://www.smartdevicefreeware.com/h...ing-bluetooth/

Granted, this is with an XP box. Here's an exhaustive step-by-step for Vista for connecting your mobile device that includes using Bluetooth: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

WTH!? Dude, why are you responding to this old thread? Are you really bored or high!?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wink Re: Free Wi-Fi on the XV6900?

LOL Well, I just finished helping someone out with this, that's part of it. And the bored part was the other.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
LOL Well, I just finished helping someone out with this, that's part of it. And the bored part was the other.
lmao! Well, no harm done obviously !Who knows, maybe someone will read your post and it will help them.lol
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lightbulb Re: Free Wi-Fi on the XV6900?

See, there ya go. Something useful could come out of boredom. Hurrah. lol Now I'm working on getting their Vogue to do GPS. With less confidence than the Bluetooth setup, but ah well.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ldrew is a n00b

Okay so I recently ordered a Touch for 10 bucks. Seemed like a good deal and the kicker is I don't need a data plan. I saw the microSD wifi adapter and jumped all over it. However the site seems to be down. Any ideas on how to get by this or order from somewhere else? Anybody got wifi working on the touch? And if not I have a bluetooth dongle for my PC so I can access the internet on my phone over bluetooth correct?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
See, there ya go. Something useful could come out of boredom. Hurrah. lol Now I'm working on getting their Vogue to do GPS. With less confidence than the Bluetooth setup, but ah well.
What carrier are setting up GPS on. I have helped about a dozen people that I know of with cricket GPS. If I can help hit me up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue