PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

gst racer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messages wont open

Every once in a while, well at least once a day, i'll try to press the button on the home screen to open text messages, but the text messaging screen wont open. the border around the button will light up showing that i did indeed press the button, but the text messages wont open. same thing for the button next to it, that takes me to the picture messages/text messages/email/etc. thats the only thing that won't work, is trying to get to any type of messages. after a couple restarts or just waiting for 10minutes or so it will finally open. during this time, NO programs are shown in the "Running Programs" list. The system memory is normally at 34% or so, and it will "sometimes" go up to 39-40%.

Anyone know what the deal is? Should the memory be that high? It absolutely pisses me off when it happens, and im about to throw it at a wall.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Re: Text messages wont open

I had the same exact issue on a rom before. I cant remember which one but once i changed roms i never had the problem again. I do know mine would do it when ever someone send me a picute message. I'd either have to wait 10-15 min or just soft reset. I hope this will help you.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ethutch is a n00b
Re: Text messages wont open

I had the same problem and someone gave me this solution. I would never have believed it but it DID work perfectly so don't assume I'm stupid just because this sounds STUPID!

If you have email configured to store your attachments on the card (I'd bet a LOT you do) use file manager to delete the inbox attachment folder(s) on the storage card. Soft reset and this will fix your problem. He suggested that you should leave the attachments in the main memory to keep this from happening again, but I didn't bother. So I can't say that will fix it. It has actually been over a month without recurring.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue