PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Lurker

tampayankees is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch on MetroPCS no GPS or MMS

I have a HTC Touch from Sprint that I have working on the MetroPCS Service. I've upgraded the ROM to the latest HTC has for Bell Mobile. I have talking, texting and internet but no GPS or MMS. I also don't even see the MMS option when I go to Start>Messages. The only options are text and email. Any help on getting these two up and running would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS-I've read just about every thread but I need some of the information dumbed down so that I can understand.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC Touch on MetroPCS no GPS or MMS

Does Metropcs even have aGPS support?
Look for a app called arcsoft mms, that should help you with your mms problem.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

superman1101 is just getting started

GPS should work, however it depends what type of rom you're using... i dont know if bell has it enabled... i think you need a 3.x radio for GPS to work... why not just flash the latest sprint rom? and like liquid said... you can search for arcsoft mms and that should handle your picture mail. here is a link for the latest Sprint Rom: http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=66

Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman1101 View Post
GPS should work, however it depends what type of rom you're using... i dont know if bell has it enabled... i think you need a 3.x radio for GPS to work... why not just flash the latest sprint rom? and like liquid said... you can search for arcsoft mms and that should handle your picture mail. here is a link for the latest Sprint Rom: http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=66

Isn't that going to be a issue the fact you gave him a sprint ROM to run metro pcs is a totally different provider then sprint...All I know is that even if that is possible to use then you would have to run a unlocker, but logic tells me that flashing a sprint ROM will cause trouble!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Isn't that going to be a issue the fact you gave him a sprint ROM to run metro pcs is a totally different provider then sprint...All I know is that even if that is possible to use then you would have to run a unlocker, but logic tells me that flashing a sprint ROM will cause trouble!!!
It will work fine as long as you don't let Sprint customizations run.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

superman1101 is just getting started

I suggested the sprint stock rom seing as it is a sprint phone and the stock rom has gps enabled... my understanding is that Metro PCS will make the necerssary changes to your phone to run on their network... so if you take them a sprint phone, why would they expect a rom that is not sprint's? same with verizon, etc... of course, if there's something i'm unaware of where certain roms dont work on Metro PCS or something, let me know

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM
jimmy8125

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

can someone tell me how can i flash back to sprint from metropcs thanks alot
Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

Is the infamous HTC_Guardian.exe file in touch pro's system files??
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have a GPS radio 3.**.** you should have GPS for MMS have you tried installing a Metro wap/mms cab. I might be able to help you with out reflashing the phone. Post the following
current ROM
Radio version
what Gps program you are trying to use
and if you have internet
If you need a metro cab for wap mms let me know and I'll give you a link.
Here is the setting for manual entry for wap mms http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448955

Last edited by whitey10tc; 11-05-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Look at this for GPS
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=402134
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue