PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

xtcld is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch (Vogue) problems - soft reset erasing my text msgs! please help!

Hi guys

sorry if this has been asked before, I did a little searching (probably could've spent more time but I'm desperate and it's 2am here) and couldn't find anything.

I'm with Bell Mobility

Here's my issue:

Ok, so I basically installed the latest rom from the htc website and then proceeded to unlock my phone (I got it to work fine i think. the last part about disabling usb connection in activesync is confusing and doesnt seem to wrk for me.....however i am able to see 2.31 CoKe so I guess that's fine right? That last step shouldnt be the cause of my following issues right?)

Now, I installed the latest NFSFAN's ROM v 1.20 and everything looks amazing...
however I'm having 3 big problems

1. EVERYTIME I do a soft reset, my text messages are gone!

2. When I restore my backed up text messages from PIM Backup, they are NOT arranged in the proper order. It's no longer threaded. All my responses are at the bottom and all my friend's responses are at the top. (the time stamps are CORRECT tho....just the threading is messed up)
However, all NEW messages are threaded properly.

This next part ties in with part 1, all my NEW messages are disappearing now when I do a soft reset. If i didnt send any new messages after restoring my PIM Backup txt msgs, then a soft reset erases all the restored messages.

Also, I don't believe the threading of the messages after restoring had any issues before (argh my memory is blurry. Im not sure if it was after unlocking but before installing the nfsfan rom, but i swear at one time i tested out the restoring and the threading was correct).

3. a third problem is that my camcorder doesnt work with the NFSFAN v1.20 rom. It says can't create video file.

Has anyone had this issue before? What steps should I take next?

Right now I'm thinking of doing a hard reset or whatever and redoing everything all over.
Other than that, I might exchange the phone.

I assume in order to exchange my phone ( I bought it at future shop), I'd need to bring it back to the original rom right?

I recently went to bootloader and reloaded the BELL rom, the one frm the htc website, version 3.something.666 that one. I tested out by texting TCARE for BELLL back and forth and then soft resetting and sure enough my msgs are gone.

please help me I'm going out of my mind! Do you think I should exchange my phone (this has the issue of whether i need to 'relock' my phone etc. I got it at futureshop not a bell store)

any help would be appreciated!

thanks again and sorry if this has been asked but i dont think anyone has had this problem?

Last edited by xtcld; 10-11-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond, touch pro and vogue
Carrier: sprint

eye.ofthecyclone is keeping up the good workeye.ofthecyclone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch (Vogue) problems - soft reset erasing my text msgs! please help!

i get a similar problem when im testing out custom roms and flash my phone and then do not perform a manual hard reset (because im prolly gonna have something else the next day), if you are planning on using that rom for a while make sure you do a hard reset after you flash, that fixes the issue for me
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue