PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
start menu questions

I searched but couldn't find anything, so hopefully someone can help me out.

Is there any way to increase the max # of items in the start menu on the touch? Right now it allows 7, but I'd like to allow (at least) 9. I wasn't able to find anything that might allow this, so maybe someone knows, or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: start menu questions

You might want to try searching out a free app called QuickMenu. It allows more by way of having submenus. But it requires stylus. I use GS Finder Plus (also free) because it has a large icon mode that makes for finger friendly browsing of files, folders, and programs. You can set up your files, apps, and shortcuts into special fave folders and then use GSF+ to navigate with the thumb of the same hand holding the phone. So, by placing a shortcut to GSF+ on your Today Screen, there's no longer any need to whip out stylus or put on reading glasses! More info here...

http://tinyurl.com/62eshh

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 08-17-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

I'll check that out, thanks. I was hoping to just find something (reg hack or the likes) that would increase the max # of items with the regular start menu. I don't use the large start menu junk anyhow, as I just don't like it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am using QuickMenu and its method of displaying the list of applications is great and it also means you can do without the regular task manager. Well worth a tour.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor

it doesn't allow more than 7 so it will fit in landscape mode. if you place shortcuts into /windows/start menu they will appear in the menu (even if more than seven) but will be soon bumped into /windows/start menu/programs. it happens either on a soft-reset or if you open up settings/menus, but it does work for some time. also some apps add a shortcut to the menu, even if its more than seven. one example: privius mobile. i took apart the cab and the only thing that seemed remotely like instructions/hack for adding to the menu is it placed a shortcut in /windows/favorites, yet after install there was no shortcut there, rather it was in the menu. anyway, lots of talk but probally not much help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue