PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch.

Is that really necessary in the Vogue Forum description? Or does PPCGeeks really only want Sprint Vogue users here?

I'm not trying to be controversial but lately I've been thinking of my noob Verizon comrades (and Bell .. and Alltel ... and all the others) that may be passing by thinking that they don't belong here.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Is that really necessary in the Vogue Forum description? Or does PPCGeeks really only want Sprint Vogue users here?

I'm not trying to be controversial but lately I've been thinking of my noob Verizon comrades (and Bell .. and Alltel ... and all the others) that may be passing by thinking that they don't belong here.
Really??
Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Don't say that. There have been plenty of custom roms and threads dedicated for your noob Verizon comrades (and Bell, Alltel and all the others).

I apologize to my elite Sprint Comrades that have endured this very fruitful conversation.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
Don't say that. There have been plenty of custom roms and threads dedicated for your noob Verizon comrades (and Bell, Alltel and all the others).

I apologize to my elite Sprint Comrades that have endured this very fruitful conversation.
I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about the pioneering noobs like myself and other that ignore the forum description.

But I appreciate your candid arrogance and I'm sure others will as well. Even if it was just in jest, I think it makes it pretty clear that this Forum is really just for Sprint users. If a non-Sprint user bricks his/her phone applying a hack meant only for Sprint... oh well.. shoulda' known better I guess... it's right there in the Forum description.

Fortunately we have PPCHaven (thanks to negamann and brucelee) where non-Sprint noobs can tinker with their phones without concern that the hack they're applying will brick their new phone because it was only intended for Sprint.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

People read what they want to, We are all "comrades" here, just with different carriers and devices. Just because the majority of the users are Sprint, doesnt mean there isnt anything out for the other carriers, all you have to do is search!!! (Golden Rule of PPCGeeks) (besides no warez!!!)

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Really??
Yes "really". Is the Forum really intended only for Sprint Vogue users like you've said?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think it would say Sprint Vouge or Sprint Touch, since that is what Sprint calls it, instead of HTC Vogue.

Modz-Can someone close this thread so nobody starts getting into a flamewar. I dont see any benefit or advancement for our devices anywhere in this thread.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

I'm gonna step in before this gets really stupid. Do you really think that just because a sub-description of the forum states "Sprint Touch" that it's not for all Vogue/Touch users? The phone goes by a few different names depending on the carrier...so in an effort to alert Sprint users to the name of their phone the sub-description was established.

I know that everyone here is smart enough to figure that out.

late,
Coz
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Yes "really". Is the Forum really intended only for Sprint Vogue users like you've said?
Well since no one has ever said that it's intended for Sprint users only I guess it's a good assumption that the forum is for....hmmmm....I don't know...EVERYONE!

late,
Coz
Old 08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
... Just because the majority of the users are Sprint, doesnt mean there isnt anything out for the other carriers
Well duh... it's a Sprint Forum! THAT IS my point.

I guess I'm just getting tired of jumping back and forth between PPCGeeks and PPCHaven. And now that I've learned everything I need to get my Verizon Touch working perfectly and exactly like I want (thanks mostly to PPCGeeks) I'm considering where I want to spend my time helping noobs.

Obviously I have a certain loyalty to PPCGeeks but the confusion caused by info that applies only to Sprint, without being identified as only for Sprint, is overwhelming sometimes.... and certainly not necessary. I threw this thread up to see if the confusion was just due to an oversight or due to indifference. Looks like I've found my answer.

Obviously the confusion could be cleared up by requiring posters to identify their carrier or creating separate carrier forums like PPCHaven. But if the PPCGeeks don't care, I guess I don't either.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue