PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Well since no one has ever said that it's intended for Sprint users only
Are you serious??? Have you read the Forum description which is the subject of this thread???

Are you actually saying that "This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch" doesn't indicate the Forum is for Sprint users only? Wow.

EDIT: LOL. I just became a "Senior Member" at PPCGeeks with this post! What do I win? I permanent ban for being an agitating outsider? LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about the pioneering noobs like myself and other that ignore the forum description.

But I appreciate your candid arrogance and I'm sure others will as well. Even if it was just in jest, I think it makes it pretty clear that this Forum is really just for Sprint users. If a non-Sprint user bricks his/her phone applying a hack meant only for Sprint... oh well.. shoulda' known better I guess... it's right there in the Forum description.

Fortunately we have PPCHaven (thanks to negamann and brucelee) where non-Sprint noobs can tinker with their phones without concern that the hack they're applying will brick their new phone because it was only intended for Sprint.
I was being extremely sarcastic in that post. Why the heck would the owner of a forum not want more users? XDA-Developers calls their forum ELF, yet I still go there. And ppcgeeks has that option to label your thread carrier specific if you know what I am talking about. And if removing "Sprint" from the description satisfies all your comrades, I'm all for it.

And 70% of the users here are from Sprint. Of course majority of custom roms, posts are going to be about Sprint. But there are also plently of other carrier tailored custom roms floating around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Are you serious??? Have you read the Forum description which is the subject of this thread???

Are you actually saying that "This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch" doesn't indicate the Forum is for Sprint users only? Wow.

EDIT: LOL. I just became a "Senior Member" at PPCGeeks with this post! What do I win? I permanent ban for being an agitating outsider? LOL
Take a deep breath buddy and don't go into defensive mode. No one is looking toward banning you. I love your posts! I learned you can click "start" or windows logo to get a different menu from you.

Just calm down. It's just the internet. Promoting Verizon over sprint won't benefit you unless of course you have stocks in verizon.

Last edited by walla; 08-15-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

And look at the descriptions for the other phones...they are examples of some of the more common names of the different phones.

late,
Coz
Old 08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

This is as forum. Made up of people that need help and people that like to contribute.

Just plain folks....... We/they post only what we know or are familiar with.

If as you say, you are displeased, by all means go elsewhere.

But every once in a while stop by, there might be a snipit or 3 that could assist you.

Oh, and it couldn't hurt if you were just a tad more pleasant.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wink Re: This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
Just calm down. It's just the internet. Promoting Verizon over sprint won't benefit you unless of course you have stocks in verizon.
Well actually I do have Verizon stock but that's not my motive here... honest.

And I'm definitely not trying to promote any specific carrier, nor am I knocking Sprint, nor am I asking PPCGeeks to change anything. I thought about just PM'ing the PPCGeeks honchos about this but then realized that I really love a good argument plus I've had way too much coffee this morning and only a few hours sleep last night.

I can also appreciate the humor in the "Sprint rules" atmosphere of these Forums and I understand that Sprint is ahead of the game with PDA phones in the USA (even though Verizon+Alltel will have 2x the number of Sprint subscribers ), but my real motive was to see why PPCGeeks has so much carrier chaos and if anybody cared. I personally have spent many many hours here trying to sort out Sprint-specific info and feel very fortunate (lucky) to get my Verizon Touch working so well with so much unidentified non-Verizon info. Obviously, this is not an issue for Sprint users, which are the overwhelming majority according to recent polls.

I would assume that the PPCGeeks HTC Vogue forum was setup back when Sprint was the only US carrier with the device? Obviously Sprint exclusivity is no longer the case, yet the Forum description still indicates that it is which I'm sure probably leads to confusion for some noobs. How many? Who knows? The would-be PPCGeeks that are confused are not here!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt29 View Post
This is as forum. Made up of people that need help and people that like to contribute.
Really? So I pose my original question again. Is the Forum description (This is where to post information regarding the Sprint Touch) really necessary?

Quote:
If as you say, you are displeased, by all means go elsewhere.
That is the issue that I'm considering. But I really hate to just take what I need and leave. Not really my style. The only issue I have/had is/was whether the Sprint-only Forum description was something that just needed updating or if it was intentional... and if I'm even remotely displeased about anything at PPCGeeks it's the carrier-confusion.

Quote:
Oh, and it couldn't hurt if you were just a tad more pleasant.
Wow. Really? You definitely wouldn't like me if I was actually displeased about something then.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue