PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

robstak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Consensus on fixing VZW 6900 Vogue after running sprint customization.

Ok, I did it. no matter how large the warnings were, when it came time i dropped my stylus under the freakin couch! guh. so now im left with dharvey's rom, i have working phone and text, broken data, and that stupid roaming triangle (pst still shows sprint info all over)

Anyway, after being on tech support with at least 5 vzw douche bags, and reading this and xda's forums for about 8 hours i am utterly confused.

is there a definitive way to fix the sprint customization cluster f?

what ive seen:
1. in the official tutorial there's an area there's a post where someone went to a broken link then called verizon and they fixed it for him (im currently waiting with a trouble ticket, i guess).

2. relocking and downgrading the phone. using cokeman's 0.4 unlocker then using the stock ROM dump for verizon to reset the prl.

2.5 using the refurbish radio thing (didnt work for me)

3. manually edit your epst/settings.

as far as 1. im still waiting to hear from verizon, but they didnt seem to know anything so far.

as far as 2, if you need to load the older bootloader and flash a non oem rom that lacks a radio (right?) can you even do this?

as far as 3, im using dharvey's rom and im unable to use ## codes. when i use the program menu shortcuts 000000 doesnt work as the password (wtf). if i could get in, couldnt i just manually edit the settings? (i did read the post about resetting or finding out what ur msl number is using registry tweakin, but i couldnt get it to work).

i do apologize for clogging the forums with a question thats alllll over the place, but i just dont see a definitive answer to the problem. someone plz help? sorry im such a n00b, but the tutorial seemed so easy...
-karl
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Re: Consensus on fixing VZW 6900 Vogue after running sprint customization.

USE THE SEARCH A VERY NICE NEWB JUST MADE A VERY DETAILED POSTING: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33937

i think it was his first or second post and he made a nice detailed guide, im trying it now. I hope it works for me, but regardless if it works at least he's trying. He even made it somewhat easy to search for with lots of keywords.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-05-2008 at 11:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you should be able to do ##786# and choose restore.

NOTE: You might have to disable the skin for the dialer.

I fixed my internet on Alltel this way.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robstak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
I think you should be able to do ##786# and choose restore.

NOTE: You might have to disable the skin for the dialer.

I fixed my internet on Alltel this way.

thanks ill try that...
Old 08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robstak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
USE THE SEARCH A VERY NICE NEWB JUST MADE A VERY DETAILED POSTING: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33937

i think it was his first or second post and he made a nice detailed guide, im trying it now. I hope it works for me, but regardless if it works at least he's trying. He even made it somewhat easy to search for with lots of keywords.

wow thats like the same post. believe me ive spent hours and hours over the past two days trying to get this crap to work. thanks for the link tho....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue