PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

iamjasonc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not getting any calls/texts

Hey Everyone. I wanna apologize first because it seems like i'm always posting about problems and not really contributing, but you all are geniuses compared to me and I have no clue what the problem could be.

A couple of days ago we got EVDO in my area. Ever since then, if I leave my phone sitting without using it for more than half an hour I miss all my calls and texts because they simply don't come through. Then I'll send a text, which at first wont go through, then when i resend it goes through, then I get all these voicemail notifications and texts.. I thought it was my phone, but the same thing is happening on my roommate's phone which is also a Touch. My friend said he's been trying to call me all day and his calls were going straight to voicemail.

I used to have a similar problem a lot when I first got my Touch, where it would go into sleep mode and when i'd wake it up I'd get all these calls and texts, but it hasnt happened recently.

This issue is different in that I have to actually make a call, or send a text before all my missed texts/calls/voicemail notifications come through.

Please help!!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Not getting any calls/texts

Call Sprint *2 and report a trouble ticket on your tower, they will have a tower engineer come and inspect the tower to see if that's the cause. If not call Tech support from another phone at 1-800-639-6111 option 3, they might be a little more able to make this ticket. Or you can go to a local Sprint store and report it, if they don't know how, tell them to dial the Employee's helping Customers hotline it's a special *number for Sprint reps. If they don't know it, PM me their e-mail and I'll send it to them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the help

i'm gonna go call now, hopefully this will work....stupid phone just sent out 3 duplicates of texts i sent last night....uugghh
Old 08-02-2008, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I ended up going to the Sprint store today and before I got 5 words out of my mouth, she already knew what the problem was. We just got EVDO here and I guess some kind of software update was supposed to push to all the phones here. She sent something and it updated when I called *2.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue