PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP HX2790c

PhilipC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why can't we have multi-touch on our PPCs? (I think it truly is possible.)

Not only can you have multi-touch with gesture recognition but every thing else the iPhone interface provides and more. Our resistive solution far surpasses the iPhone with its limited capacitive sensor (i.e. low resolution, no stylus and most importantly no multi-force). I am a member of a start-up company www.simasystems.com that will make a difference to the PPC user community and other user communities as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

multi-touch is hardware.Sure u can have a software version but will not function as good as what iphone have. good example is the developers of iswish. they r developing a multi-touch for photos. it's called izoom. u have to point at one location and point at another then start dragging for zoom function. u cannot tap two fingers at the same time and start pinchin.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

bobsdesigns@hotmail.com is a n00b

I think the whole point of this thread is the question of whether or not the Touch touchscreen has a multi-touch capable sensor. I've often wondered if it's possible as well. I know windows based whiteboard I use in my office has multi-touch capabilities but 99% of the people out there will only be able to use the single because windows does not yet support it. Maybe there are a few programs out there which can utilize it but it's basically a hack for now.
It's not worth talking about it on the Touch just yet, it would take a great deal of effort to create (or locate) the drivers capable of utilizing the multi-touch capabilities (provided the screen has the ability to recognize it) and then a great deal of effort trying to encourage people to create software for it.
I'm personally more interested in getting video drivers for my Touch.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsdesigns@hotmail.com View Post
I think the whole point of this thread is the question of whether or not the Touch touchscreen has a multi-touch capable sensor. I've often wondered if it's possible as well. I know windows based whiteboard I use in my office has multi-touch capabilities but 99% of the people out there will only be able to use the single because windows does not yet support it. Maybe there are a few programs out there which can utilize it but it's basically a hack for now.
It's not worth talking about it on the Touch just yet, it would take a great deal of effort to create (or locate) the drivers capable of utilizing the multi-touch capabilities (provided the screen has the ability to recognize it) and then a great deal of effort trying to encourage people to create software for it.
I'm personally more interested in getting video drivers for my Touch.

No, the point is NOT that there is a capacitive sensor--it's that I think a form of "multi-touch," is possible without it.

I wish I had saved a video of playing around with a cursor on this touchscreen I used to have... but with a few formulas, you can get at least 75% of the usability of what the iPhone has...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

I find this effin' hilarious....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/20/r...oo/1#c27293116
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

xizzmatt is just getting started

You need a multi-touch sensor built into the phone, and I believe it has to be a capacitive Touch screen. Windows Mobile won't run on on capacitive touch screen phones.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
What is so funny about this?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the hd2 has it!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol
Way to go!
You dug up another two year old thread.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the op did lol or I was gonna come out with my flame thrower!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue