PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker

Vret is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free tethering possible?

I did a few searches, but there was just so much information to sort through I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm running OMJ's custom Verizon ROM, and I have Windows Vista Premium as my OS. I'm looking for a way to hopefully use the Internet Connection Sharing, but via bluetooth. I'm trying to avoid the additional fees Verizon tacks on for using the phone as a modem.

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Free tethering possible?

I'm not sure with V-Dub, but Sprint use to have a way to deactivate the second NAM and make it possible for PAM for free.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Dell Latitude D830
Carrier: Verizon

VZWGuy is a n00b

I am also using OMJ's Custom Verizon ROM. Have you tried Programs -> InternetSharing.
When I have my phone connected and ActiveSync active, choosing this program disconnects ActiveSync and connects my PC to the internet. I have the unlimited data plan, no 'brodband access plan' and it has worked for me over the last two billing periods with no additional changes.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

superman1101 is just getting started

i don't know how OMJ's rom is, but generally you have to open up a webpage from your vogue (unplugged from the computer) so that it connects to sprint. then open up internet connection sharing, and (if there is a drop down menu for "Phone as a modem") select "Sprint PCS" and click connect. once you see "Check USB Connection" plug in the phone to the computer. for bluetooth just select "use bluetooth" instead of "use usb". if the phone doesn't have an option to select "Sprint PCS" then you must use this guide: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman1101 View Post
i don't know how OMJ's rom is, but generally you have to open up a webpage from your vogue (unplugged from the computer) so that it connects to sprint. then open up internet connection sharing, and (if there is a drop down menu for "Phone as a modem") select "Sprint PCS" and click connect. once you see "Check USB Connection" plug in the phone to the computer. for bluetooth just select "use bluetooth" instead of "use usb". if the phone doesn't have an option to select "Sprint PCS" then you must use this guide: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265
my roms already have the ICS fix's in them.....just follow VZWGuy's method.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

stangdriver52000 is just getting started

I have the touch on sprint, I do not pay for pam, but I installed "pdanet" and it works like a charm. the preloaded software for internet sharing always fail to connect, says connection ended by remote party (fancy way of saying "sprint blocked it")
Old 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Vret is a n00b

I tried VZWGuys method and when I try to pull up a web page on my laptop I get sent to the a page where I am asked to enable and pay for the VZW Broadband Connect service. Are there any special steps or setup other than what OMJ and VZWGuy suggested?
To my knowledge I'm just using the default #777 number to connect to with the user name of "myphonenumber"@vzw.com and the password being "myphonenumber".

Also, I wasn't actually able to get the tethering to work via BT unless i set the dial-up connection on my laptop to use the same connection info as my phone and used the xv6900 as the modem.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue