PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

black88mx6 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.1 VPN CONNECTION STOPS - Need help finding the service.

I have an issue with using a PPTP VPN on WM6.1 (Sprint Vogue). The VPN connection is set to run every 1/2 hour. It will connect for a day or two without any problems. Then without warning, it will no longer connect to ANY VPN that I have available. It is as if the last VPN session is stuck somehow. The phone will still connect to the internet just fine, but only flashes a brief message saying that it can't make the VPN connection, and if the problem continues to try and reset the phone. I have tried IOTA and going into flight mode but this doesn't reset the connection. The only solution I have found is a soft reset of the device, and then everything will work again right away.

Does anyone know of a service or program that handles the VPN communications? I would like to just be able to reset this connection if possible, and not reset the entire phone. Maybe there is a new version of service or dll that I can try?

Last edited by black88mx6; 07-23-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue