PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Relocking on the new official Sprint ROM

Ok so I am going to unlock and get a nice custom ROM like I always did on my Mogul... Anyways.. What about relocking and going back to the new official ROM? the wm 6.1 ROM that just came out... Im not sure how to do that..

I think I use the 0.40 unlocker and then just flash to the official ROM? and it will overwrite it with the ROM's SPL?

I want to verify because if I get a problem I want to be able to revert back and use my insurance with Sprint..

Just clarifying ...

Thanks

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
Re: Relocking on the new official Sprint ROM

Once you flash any of the official ROMS over any custom ROM, it automatically re-locks your phone. You'll be fine
Old 07-22-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work

It relocks you phone...REALLY...I didnt see that...

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
Once you flash any of the official ROMS over any custom ROM, it automatically re-locks your phone. You'll be fine
Oh alright thanks..
Im just so used to relocking my old Titan that i was never sure

thanks though

So i got another question

im on the official Sprint rom... Or i was.. now im on OMJ's new ROM
What if I flash a rom that was based off the leaked ROM? I assume that will work right? i heard it wouldnt and i wanted to be sure..
and be sure if i can flash back
Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnogamer View Post
It relocks you phone...REALLY...I didnt see that...
Only relocks if you are using 0.40. The first post of the unlocker thread covers the details about the versions. The others do not get overwritten as there were many that got in trouble with it. The unbricking thread, and my "dangers of downgrading" thread cover this a bit too (all of these are stickies and discussed in first post)

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 07-22-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Only relocks if you are using 0.40. The first post of the unlocker thread covers the details about the versions. The others do not get overwritten as there were many that got in trouble with it. The unbricking thread, and my "dangers of downgrading" thread cover this a bit too (all of these are stickies and discussed in first post)
ok
so.. what can I do to go back to the official sprint ROM? anything? or am I now stuck on the custom ROM?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can use the stock rom on a locked SPL without any problems
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

Basically you can't relock a custom GPS ROM
Old 07-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck View Post
Basically you can't relock a custom GPS ROM
Thats bad... Lol becuase what if i need to take it in for service?
I cant use the 0.40 on the custom and then use a stock gps rom?
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

0.40 won't use the GPS radio, so no. Once you flash anything with GPS that unlocker won't be useful for anything.
You can flash back to an official ROM at any point (assuming you don't go from GPS to non-GPS) but you will be unlocked. Will they notice? Probably not, but there's no guarantees.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue